You know those quick and easy dinners that you can always count on? Yup. This best ever crispy lemon chicken, drizzled with a sweet and tangy lemon sauce, is sure to be a new family favorite!
Don’t you love seeing all the spring colors around? I’m not talking just about food, though it would be nice to focus on that, but everything looks green all around in the Bay Area. I love seeing this color palette. It really makes everything look like a beautiful painting and I love being outside.
Our lemon tree that we planted in late 2014 is finally growing and producing fruits. Well I don’t have a green thumb and I have no idea how long it takes for a small lemon tree to grow and produce fruit; but with the drought we had a while back, I am quite happy to finally see some lemons. So to celebrate spring, my #SundaySupper family and I are celebrating it with lemons. I am making Asian Lemon Chicken.
I first started by frying my buttermilk-coated chicken until it got crispy on the outside. To be sure to keep the inside moist, I used the twice-fried chicken technique. You can use chicken tenders to make this recipe, if you’d like. The one that I’m sharing today used bite-sized chicken, like popcorn chicken. Once they’re cooked through, you then coat them in lemon sauce. And there you go…crispy saucy lemony chicken. Yum!
- 2lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 11/2 cup a.p. flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- For the lemon sauce:
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- To make lemon sauce: combine all of the ingredients in a small pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce until slightly thickened, about 10-12 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Working in small batch, dredge chicken in flour, dip into buttermilk, then dredge in flour again, pressing to coat.
- Fry chicken to the skillet, and cook until evenly golden and crispy. Transfer to a towel-lined plate. Drizzle with lemon glaze.
Sunday Supper Citrus Recipes That Will Make You Smile
- Lemon Lime Shrimp Cocktail w/a Citrus Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Mango Citrus Salsa by Feeding Big
- Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Vanilla-Orange Overnight Oats by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Key Lime Muffins with Key Lime Glaze by Family Around The Table
- Lemon Donut Holes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread by Pies and Plots
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- 10 Minute Lemon Pasta With Crispy Basil by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Asian Lemon Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Calamansi Shrimp on Couscous by Asian In America
- Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Citrus-Glazed Scallops with Chunky Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti with Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pan Parmesan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orange Beef by Palatable Pastime
- Orange Chicken by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Chicken by My Savory Spoon
- Slow Cooked Orange Chicken Breasts by Simple and Savory
- Thai Lime Basil Chicken Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Cilantro Lime Quinoa by Home Sweet Homestead
- Tiny Batch Blood Orange Marmalade by What Smells So Good?
- Banana Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Clementine Pistachio Pomegranate Upside Down Cake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Japanese Lemon Yuzu Bars by The Ninja Baker
- Key Lime Chiffon Pie by Food Done Light
- Ladyfinger Lemon Torte Recipe by Positively Stacey
- Lemon & Blueberry Skillet Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lemon Key Lime Layer Snack Cakes by Crazed Mom
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee by Soulfully Made
- Meyer Lemon Mousse by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pink Grapefruit Meringue Tart by Baking Sense
- Sittin’ On a Sandbar Key Lime Pie by Gourmet Everyday
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- The Best Lemon Bars Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Citrus Macaroon Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Triple Lemon Poke Cake by Shaken Together
- Homemade Grapefruit Soda by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pineapple Orange Smoothie by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Ruby Red Mimosa by Our Good Life
- Simple Meyer Lemon Margaritas by My Life Cookbook
- Watermelon Limeade by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.