This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseSmart
Finally, after 1.5 years of growing wild plants, we’re currently building our backyard. Both Frederick and I are so picky when it comes to landscaping and we have our own ideas that we want to include in the garden, so it takes a while to finally come up with something that we both enjoy.
On the contrary, these donuts are something we both enjoy. I mean, look at how smooth the textures are.They’re so easy to make and who can say no to baked donuts?
These donuts are also so fun to make and you can find all the ingredients at Smart & Final. Yes, it’s a one stop shop and I’m glad to have a Smart & Final nearby. If you follow me on Instagram, you can see First Street products I used.
From produce to meats to bakeware, Smart & Final carries them all. And the best part is… you don’t need to pay for a club fee. Smart & Final does make my shopping easier and it is a perfect place to shop for all my food needs.
To learn more about Smart & Final, please visit their Facebook page and Twitter page. And don’t forget to participate in the “Our Brands, Your Pics” contest. This photo contest runs from March 4th to 31st with a public voting period from March 18th to 31st. Anyone can submit their photos to Smart & Final Private Label brands to be voted on by the public. You can win $1,000 and your photos have the chance to be featured in store or on Smart & Final’s website.
- 11/2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- ⅛ cup honey
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chip for chocolate coating
- Candy melt for coating
- Almond to decorate (make the ears)
- Nutella to decorate
- Rainbow sprinkles to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Lightly coat a doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, honey, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the milk and whisk until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the baking pans, filling each one a little more than three-quarters full.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then tap the doughnuts out onto a sheet pan.
- For the topping, melt the chocolate in a pan. Dip each donut in the chocolate mixture and top with rainbow sprinkles.
- You can also melt the candy melt based on the packaging direction. Dip each donut in the candy melt and decorate with nutella.