Welcome back to our monthly Foodie Extravaganza!
If this is your first time joining us, the Foodie Extravaganza is a monthly party hosted by bloggers who love food! Each month we incorporate one main ingredient into recipes to be shared with you and this month that ingredient is a Valentine’s Day classic… cherries!
Which means… there are 17 delicious & unique cherry recipes waiting for you at the end of this post. Yay!
Years ago, I always put cherries in my cake. But no, not the fresh cherries like what I enjoy a lot these days. Those are dried Bing cherries found in a Black Forest Cake. Back then, cherries are considered a luxury in Asia and it was very costly to get good cherries. I’m glad I can enjoy fresh cherries these days.
One of my favorite way to enjoy cherries is turning them into cherry sauce. This sauce is so good that I whip it with yogurt almost every morning. The process is so simple and, frankly, there is no exact recipe for this delight. Fresh good cherries + sugar + lime zest + lime juice is pretty much what you need. And this simplicity turns magical, especially when you need something fresh to wake you up.
- 1 tbs sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- pinch grated lime zest
- 11/2 tsp lime juice
- Your favorite yogurt
- In a pot, combine sugar, salt, and cherries. Cook until sugar is almost dissolved and cherries softened.
- Remove from heat. Add the lime zest and juice.
- Serve over your favorite yogurt.
Be sure to check out other fantastic cherry recipes!
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Covered Cherry Cake Balls by Keep it Simple, Sweetie
- Chocolate and Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies by Making Miracles
- Real Maraschino Cherries by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fresh Cherry Crisp by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Chocolate Cherry Brownies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Breakfast Yogurt with Cherry Sauce by Brunch with Joy
- Cherry Apple Crumble Tart by Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Pie Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce by The Joyful Foodie
- Balsamic Cherry Brie Stuffed French Toast by Pantry Friendly Cooking
- Cherry Chocolate Coconut Slices by Baking in Pyjamas
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Dried Cherries and Dark Chocolate by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Cherry Protein Smoothie by Mrs. Penguin
- Cherry Danishes by Passion Kneaded
- Dark Cherry-Cranberry Compote by Rhubarb and Honey
- National Cherry Month by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Crock Pot Balsamic Cherry Beef Roast by Rae Gun Ramblings
- Cherry Glazed Cherry Muffins by We Like to Learn as We Go