I think I’m in a food comma from all the celebrations we had since last Wednesday. The dinner, the gatherings, the delicious meals, the BYB Conference, meeting new friends, learning new stuffs – they all came together in one package and now I’m ready for a good long massage. But before then, let’s pop a champagne.
I opened my bottle of champagne a bit too early this year. It all started back in December when I baked a Champagne Cake during our family Christmas celebration. Next was Champagne cupcakes with delicious buttercream on top because I wanted to hone my piping skills. And these came third. With a Red Carpet Party coming, I figured I need to pop another bottle and turn it into… truffles.
I love these little nibblets because I can share them with everyone in the room or pack them in a cute box as a gift. I was having hard time during the making of it because I couldn’t stop eating them. They are too dangerous to be placed near me, so now I’ll share the recipe with you.
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 5 tbs sweet champagne
- Dutch processed cocoa powder
- Heat the cream in a saucepan over medium low until simmering.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and butter until they're all incorporated.
- Mix in the champagne. Set in the freezer for 1-2 hours until the mixture is firm.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a spoon or cookie scooper to portion the truffles into ball-sized portions.
- Roll each ball in cocoa powder and serve immediately or place in an airtight container and keep in freezer until ready to serve. They might need to be re-rolled in cocoa powder when served.
Thanks to Katie of Ruffles & Truffles for hosting this event. There are tons of amazing recipes so be sure don’t skip them.
Nominees for Best Supporting Appetizers:
- Black and White Olive Cheese Puffs by Peaceful Cooking
- Cheddar Olives by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chicken Boursin by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Citrus Avocado Shrimp Cocktail by Seduction in the Kitchen
- French Onion Sliders by Momma’s Meals
- Herbed Butter and Cheese Popcorn by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Italian Guacamole with Pesto by Food Done Light
- Lobster Bruschetta by The Texan New Yorker
- Melon and Prosciutto Skewers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Cheese Balls by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Moroccan Beef Kefta Briouat by Manu’s Menu
- Mushroom Pate by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Oscar Winning Sliders by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Oysters Rockfeller by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pea Pesto Crostini by Ruffles & Truffes
- Pear, Proscuito Polenta Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp by Casa de Crews
- Raspberry Brie Bites by Love and Confections
- Roasted Red Pepper Pinwheels by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoked Trout Stuffed Baby New Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Sweet Chili Chicken Skewers by Nosh My Way
Nominees for Best Course in a Leading Role:
- Broccoli Calzones by eating in instead
- Bow Ties and Tails Galore by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Oscar by Palatable Pastime
- Indulgent Lobster-Champagne Risotto by The Weekend Gourmet
- Oscar Worthy Cantonese Lobster with Coconut-Ginger Rice by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Steak Oscar by Nik Snacks
Nominees for Best Supporting Sips:
- Apple Ginger Martini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blood Orange Rosemary Spritzer by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cherry Almond Sparklers by Magnolia Days
- Iced Espresso Martini by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mixed Berry Martini by The Messy Baker
- Oscartini by Family Foodie
- Red Carpet Sparkler by Rhubarb and Honey
- Thank You Peary Much by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Nominees for Best Delectable Desserts:
- 7-Layer Bark by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Caramel-Almond Latte Ricotta Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Champagne Truffles by Brunch with Joy
- Chocolate Covered Cherries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Fudgy Chocolate Frosting by Wallflour Girl
- Decadent Flourless Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Edible Oscars Envelopes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Imitation Game Guinness Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Strawberry Galette by Basic N Delicious
- Mini Strawberry & Chocolate Cheesecakes by Happy Baking Days
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Popcorn Puppy Chow by Pies and Plots
- Sweet and Salty Popcorn Ball Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Tuxedo Cake by The Redhead Baker
Nominees for Best Dressed Table:
- DIY Glitter Vases by Sunday Supper Movement