Skip the Mexican takeout and whip up two of the best dishes into one. This skillet sauce Chicken Taco Grilled Cheese is perfect for Weekday Supper.
Can you believe that February has finally come to an end? Seems that everything happened so quickly. By the time you read this post, I am already on a plane to Chicago. I am beyond excited! It is going to be a short visit, but it will be my small time-off from my routine and piles of work.
These past couple of months, I have been working very hard with rebranding, at work and for my blog. My workload suddenly jumped from 100 to nearly 500 files to be tweaked in a month. Not to mention the daily tasks I am responsible of. I am still behind, but I am trying my best to multitask, so I could finish them all in time.
During these days, I am just grateful to have a very thoughtful husband. He’s very supportive of my work. On some days, he even does the cooking to give me extra break. I’ve told him about McCormick skillet sauce and how easy it is to cook with it. The other day, he saw me making Savory Jade Chicken using the sauce. This time he is so excited to show off his skill – the Chicken Taco Grilled Cheese. You cannot go wrong with spicy grilled chicken, sweet peppers, onions and (a lot of) melted cheese in a perfectly toasted bread! It is so easy to make, with just a McCormick skillet sauce. Thanks to McCormick because I can enjoy my comfort food easily and quickly.
I’m deeply in love with McCormick skillet sauces. There are seven flavors in all: Fajita with Roasted Chili, Garlic and Lime, Fire Roasted Garlic Chili, Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry, Sicilian Chicken with Tomato and Basil, Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken, Sweet and Smoky Sloppy Joes, and Taco with Chipotle and Garlic. It’s hard to pick a favorite because I’ve tried all four sauces and love them all! So, let’s forget Taco Tuesdays for now because Taco Thursdays is happening here.
Click here to visit McCormick’s website to learn about Skillet Sauces or click here for more quick, tasty, and delicious dinner ideas of McCormick’s Easy Skillet Dinners board on Pinterest. For more information about McCormick’s, you can connect with them via Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- 1 medium-size onion, sliced
- 1 medium-size bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into thin slices
- 1 package of McCormick taco skillet sauce
- Cheddar cheese
- Sliced of bread
- Salsa, optional
- Guacamole, optional
- Add the onion and bell pepper in a skillet and cook on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in sauce. Bring to boil and reduce heat and simmer 1 minute or until heated through.
- Preheat another skillet over medium heat.
- Generously butter one side of a slice of bread. Place bread butter-side-down onto skillet bottom and add 1 slice of cheese and chicken taco on top.
- Butter a second slice of bread on one side and place butter-side-up on top of sandwich.
- Grill until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- Repeat and enjoy.
We’ve got some great and delicious #WeekdaySupper Meals using McCormick Skillet Sauces for this week so be sure to check the other fabulous recipes.
Monday – Sesame Chicken and Mushroom Lo Mein by kimchi MOM
Tuesday – Fire Roasted Garlic Turkey Chili Stuffed Acorn Squash by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Wednesday – Skillet Sicilian Chicken Tortellini by The Weekend Gourmet
Thursday – Chicken Taco Grilled Cheese by Brunch with Joy
Friday – Chili Cheese Nachos by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.