If there’s one thing you need to eat before you die, it’s definitely this Chocolate Bacon Crack. This highly addictive bacon treat is crisp, smoky, sweet, and crunchy, and highly addictive!
I think I might be the last person on the planet to jump on the bacon crack wagon. I resisted it for a long time, but something happened last week. A light bulb suddenly went on in my head during one of my all too often food daydreams. It was a miracle! But since August 20th is Bacon Lover’s Day, I decided to give it a try and the rest is history.
It’s started with bacon and you covered it in a good portion of coffee and brown sugar. So, don’t freak out yet… those are not burnt bacons, but more like coffee candied bacon. Seriously, it really felt like Christmas morning when I started the cracking. I think everyone has to try this bacon recipe, including you. It’s just one of those things you can never go wrong with and if there’s one thing you need to eat before you die, it’s definitely this Chocolate Bacon Crack. It’s highly addictive and extremely delicious.
- Candied bacon:
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tsp espresson powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ancho chili
- 1 sheet crescent dough, thawed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Melted chocolate (or melted Nutella)
- Fleur de sel
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- To make candied bacon: in a bowl, mix together all the ingredients and coat bacon on both sides well. Lay bacon on a foil wrapped sheet tray in a single layer. Bake 20-30 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and caramelized. Let it cool.
- Bacon crack: line another baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Unroll crescent dough onto the baking sheet. Add ½ cup of brown sugar, then crumbled candied bacon on top. Cover another layer of brown sugar and maple syrup. Bake for another 25-30 minutes until the dough is cooked through. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
Another good news for you. Bacon Lover’s Day is on August 20th and our #SundaySupper family is here to celebrate it with lots of bacon.
Bacon in Appetizers
- Apple and Bacon Jam Quesadillas by Nik Snacks
- Bacon Barbecue Nachos by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Bacon Tartlets by Basic N Delicious
- Game Day Bacon & Cheddar ‘Tater Skins by Powered By BLING
- Killer Jalapeño Poppers by Simply Healthy Family
- Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
Bacon for Breakfast
- Avocado Toast with Coconut Bacon by Helpful Homemade
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes by Amee’s Savory Dish
Bacon for Dessert
- Bacon Brownie Balls by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies by Desserts Required
- Boozy Bacon Cherry Crumble by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Candied Maple Bacon by A Mind Full Mom
- Chocolate Bacon Crack by Brunch-n-Bites
- Flourless Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Maple Bacon Truffles by Dessert Geek
- Spiced Apple Bacon Upside Down Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
Bacon for Dinner
- Bacon and Pumpkin Pasta by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Bacon Corn Chowder by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Fried Rice by Asian In America
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf by April Golightly
- Creamy Blue Cheese Pasta with Steak and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- K.C.’s Award Winning Turkey Bacon Explosion by Cooking With Carlee
- Kimchi Bacon Fried Rice by kimchi MOM
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- The Pigskin Loaded Baked Potato by Sunday Supper Movement
- Triple Bypass Burgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
Bacon in Beverages
- Candied Bacon Old Fashioned by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Bloody Mary with Candied Bacon Swizzle by Our Good Life
- Pancetta with Balsamic-Brown Sugar-Pepper Glaze for Bloody Mary by La Bella Vita Cucina
Bacon for Lunch
- Bacon, Fig and Goat’s Cheese Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- BLT Bread Salad by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Manwich Club by Momma’s Meals
- Restaurant Style Double Bacon BLT by The Freshman Cook
- Turkey & Bacon Sliders with ‘Isn’t That Special’ Sauce by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Bacon as a Side Dish
- Bacon and Cheddar Smashed Red Potatoes by Family Around The Table
- Bacon Jam by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bacon, Beer & Jalapeno Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Easy Bacon, Beans & Greens by My Life Cookbook
- Greens with Gruyere and Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Peas with Bacon and Crispy Onions by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.