Chocolate Coconut Pancakes
Lately, there are two things I am excited about lately. First is coconut!
South East Asian people used coconut a lot in their cooking, for main dish, dessert, and others. Coconut enrich the taste of your meal. In case you missed it, last Sunday I made this Strawberry Coconut Popsicles, complete with chia seeds, and I’ve been enjoying it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Errr okay, that might sound too much but I just can not stop myself.
And today, I’m sharing another coconut brunch ideas. What is better than chocolate and coconut with strawberries on top? These Chocolate Coconut Pancakes are sooo good! If you are a chocoholic or brunch person like me, this recipe is definitely a keeper. Bonus point, this is so easy to make… or should I say super easy?
- 1 cup a.p. flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chip (I use chocolate bites/chunks)
- Strawberry slices, optional
- Confectioner sugar, optional
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- Make a well in the center and add in the egg, coconut milk, and melted butter. mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup for each pancake. Let the pancakes cook, untouched, for about three minute or until bubbles form on the surface of the batter. Sprinkle chocolate chip on top. When the bubbles no longer fill back in with wet batter after bursting, it's time to flip. Cook on the second side for about two minutes or until golden brown.
And… Now onto our current giveaway! I have teamed up with other great food bloggers to give one of our lucky readers this Amazon gift card for $300. What? $300! So, start making your shopping list.
A few rules: You need to be 18 to win and a resident of US, Canada, or UK. The giveaway has started and go until Thursday, April 28th. There are multiple ways of entering so be sure to click on the link below to enter. If you are already following us on any of our social media channels, those are ‘free’ entries. Share this post with your friends and have them subscribe so they have a chance to win too!