A very addictive ooey gooey molten lava, an irresistible dessert created using basic ingredients you have at home! Chocolate Hazelnut Lava Cake I hope you guys have a chance to check out my Nutella-filled Chocolate Bailey’s Cookies that I shared last week, but if you’re not a fan of cookies, I have another option for you. My love for lava cake started when I went on Carnival Cruise years ago and those wonderful memories came back last Summer when we went on another cruising trip with Carnival. It was a 7-day cruise and guess what I ordered every night for dessert… Their famous chocolate lava cake!
I am still in Atlanta for the PMA Fresh Summit Convention and super excited to share all the fun things I learned from this convention. I got a chance to see some of my favorite brands and learned about their perspectives on fresh, organic, and sustainable harvest. And so much more! So be sure to follow me on Instagram or Twitter.
And knowing that this post goes live today, I suddenly crave for another bite or two or perhaps finish the whole thing by myself. In fact, I have saved some for myself in the fridge, to be enjoyed as a welcome-home-present for me when I get back tomorrow. Yes, it’s freezer-friendly and you don’t need to wait for it to reach the room temperature for eating. Simply bake the cake a bit longer in the oven, like 5 minutes longer, and this chocolate hazelnut lava cake will be ready for you! How fun is that, eh?
- 6oz (170gr) (70% cocoa) dark chocolate
- 6 tbs unsalted sweet butter
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tbs hazelnut liquor
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over LOW HEAT and stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Generously butter four 125 ml (1/2 cup) capacity ramekins and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl until well combined and forms ribbons, about 6 minutes.
- Add the chocolate mixture and hazelnut liquor. Whisk again at low speed.
- Add the flour and fold until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekins until it fills just below the top line.
- Place moulds/containers on a baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes (depending on the power of your oven) OR until the cake springs back when you touch the surface with your finger. Unmould immediately onto serving plates and eat straight away in order to get the “lava effect”. You can also serve this lava cake with vanilla ice cream. Yum!
And as always, thanks to T.R. Crumbley from Gluten Free Crumbley for hosting this week. As the weather getting cooler, it’s time to get something warm. What are you planning to cook for Sunday Supper?
- Drunken Pumpkin Spice Latte by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hot Mulled Caramel Apple Sangria by The Crumby Cupcake
- Mexican Atole by Curious Cuisiniere
- Percolator Punch by Love and Confections
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Warm Spiked Apple Cider by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Apple Pear Crisp by The Freshman Cook
- Apple Sticky Toffee Pudding by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Bananas Foster by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Hazelnut Lava Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Fudge Pudding Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honeycrisp Apple Tart by The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Cheesecake in Pumpkins by Desserts Required
- Warm Cardamom Rice Pudding by Fearless Dining
Main Dishes and Soups
- Beef Brats and Beans Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Pot Pie with Herbed Biscuits by From Gate to Plate
- Best Ever White Bean and Mushroom Soup by Pancake Warriors
- Braised Venison with Plums by Food Lust People Love
- Butternut Squash Chili by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Fried Sage by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Carbonnade Flamande by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Classic Italian Meat Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Creamy Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Soup by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Creamy Chickpea Soup by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Creamy Stove-Top Alfredo with Bacon and Butternut Squash by Peaceful Cooking
- Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Noodles by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Curry Debal by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Zuppa Toscana Soup Copycat by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- French Onion Soup by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Gingered Butternut Squash Soup by Noshing With The Nolands
- Hearty Turkey Lentil Soup by A Gouda Life
- Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup by Party Food and Entertaining
- Mango Habanero Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Oxtail Stew by Nosh My Way
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Maple Frosting by Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
- Red Lentil Soup by My San Francisco Kitchen
- Roasted Squash Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salsa Verde Turkey Enchilada Casserole by Food Done Light
- Slow Cooker English Roast by Wholistic Woman
- Slow Cooker Lamb Rogan Josh by Caroline’s Cooking
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Mushroom Gravy by Feeding Big
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Spice Rubbed Braised Beef by FamFriendsFood
- Spicy Meatball Tortilla Soup by The Weekend Gourmet
- Sweet Potato and Bacon Soup by Cooking Chat
- Sweet Potato Soup with Apples by Healing Tomato
- Turkey Chipotle Chili by The Complete Savorist
- Tuscan White Bean Soup with Ham by Big Bear’s Wife
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.