Fig & Ricotta Bruschetta
Coming home from a trip is always fun, exhausting, and full of surprises. As I mentioned before, my husband always gets excited about the mails. So when we traveled the other week, he asked our friend to help in checking the mailbox and we came home to about 10 or so boxes in our garage. It totally felt like Christmas in Summer, unwrapping those boxes to see what’s inside. Lots of surprises, although we only traveled for one week.
We also found out that both of our cars went down. One needed tire patch badly. Good thing it wasn’t too bad, but the other one couldn’t even start and it still is till now… and that’s my favorite car. Ugh, can life gets better after vacation?
And the exhausting part – well, I’m turning my face away from my laundry pile. And that also includes cooking. I blame all the luxury treatment I received during my trip, which I enjoyed very much, but thankfully those lazy days were over after I received these Valley Fig Growers. They came up with four New Orchard Choice California Fig Spreads that make the perfect partner for all kind of cheeses.
- Fig Orange Spread Summer’s best figs laced with a tangy twist of orange create a fruit spread ripe for pairing with cheeses, topping toasts, and brightening desserts.
- Organic Mission Spread Sweet, earthy and bursting with fig flavor, our simple blend of summer’s best organic Mission figs pairs well with cheese, perks up yogurt, and tops toast in style.
- Balsamic Pepper Spread It’s love at first bite when sweet figs join sassy balsamic vinegar and spicy black pepper. Brighten up cheese trays, garnish grilled meats… the possibilities are endless.
- Fig and Port Spread Imagine sweet, luscious figs drenched in port and you have the makings of our elegant fruit spread. From appetizers to desserts, enjoy the possibilities.
I’m sharing a quick and easy appetizer recipe, filled with tons of yumminess from Valley Fig Growers. Figs and ricotta bruschetta. The combination of sweet taste and the creamy, ﬂavorful ricotta will make this appetizer a favorite in your homes.
Click here to learn more about Valley Fig Growers. And don’t forget to enter to win an exclusive trip for two to the live audience tasting segment during the filming of season 9 of Cook’s Country from American’s Test Kitchen in Vermont on September 22. To enter, simply post your favorite fig recipes to Instagram using hashtag #VFigFeed and tag @valleyfig, or visit here for full program details.
Fig & Ricotta Bruschetta:
- 1 small french baguette
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Organic Mission Spread from Valley Fig Growers
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ cup arugula, for garnish
- Prosciutto, optional
- Heat up your pan (or grill) to a medium-high heat.
- Cut the loaf into 1-inch thick slices. Brush olive oil on both sides, and let it sear for 2-3minutes on each side.
- To assemble: Spoon plenty of Organic Mission Spread over each toasted baguette slice. Top with ricotta and garnish with arugula or prosciutto.