Hearty, tasty, and freezer-friendly breakfast burrito. An easy and delicious spin on the usual breakfast routine and a great solution to morning craziness!
Today’s post brought back so many great memories I have with my girlfriends from college. I love traveling and so do my girlfriends. Back when we were in college, we always looked forward to Spring break because it was the perfect time to travel. We traveled all over. One year we took a flight to LA and drove to San Diego… another year we drove to Vegas. One time we even made it all the way up the East Coast! We didn’t get to travel much in the summer because we still took classes so we could finish all the requirements early and complete our internships. So to enjoy our summer days, we would either go camping or have a simple sleepover.
One time we had a sleepover in a hotel. Well you can probably call it a glammy sleepover, but we had fun shopping, sightseeing, and endless gossiping. I am certain none of us went to bed that night!
Even though I’m much older now and not attending sleepovers, I do enjoy hosting a sleepover party! Partially because it’s an excuse to stock up my fridge with sweets because that’s what we love the most. After loading up on sweets, I always make sure we have something to eat for breakfast. And that’s where these breakfast burritos come to the rescue! These burritos are freezer-friendly, which simply means you can make them ahead of time and just heat them up when you are ready to enjoy!
Making breakfast burritos is super easy peasy. All you need is your favorite breakfast items. At our house that includes scrambled eggs, crispy potatoes, sausage (or chorizo), salsa (optional), and lots of cheese. Wrap it and freeze it. Then, when it’s time to dig in, you just need to heat it up on a hot pan for few couple minutes on each side, and you can still enjoy your good times with your lovely friends. Even if you’re not having a sleepover- these burritos are perfect for breakfasts on the go!
- 6 medium (8-inch diameter) flour tortillas
- 3 russet potatoes (medium size), wash and peel, then cut into small cubes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tbs milk
- 2 tbs butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 cajun sausaged into strips or squares, optional
- 1-2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 medium tomato, diced
- Hot sauce to serve
- Fried potatoes: in a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onions, bell pepper, salt and pepper. Stir until the potatoes are well coated. Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add oil and potatoes mixture to the pan. Cook for about 20 minutes until potatoes are tender and lightly browned. Set aside.
- Add cajun sausage to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes until they are lightly browned.
- Add the mushroom to the pan and sautee until golden, for about 5 mins, stirring occasionally. Season lightly with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Scrambled eggs: in a medium size bowl, add the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk together. Heat a medium size skillet on medium heat and add the butter. Add the eggs once the butter has melted. Stir the eggs with a spatula until the eggs are just cooked (3 min) don’t overcook. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To assemble: spoon potatoes, mushroom, and sausage in the center of each tortilla. Top each tortilla with scrambled eggs, diced tomato, and a generous sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. Don’t over-stuff or they will be tough to roll.
- Roll the burrito from top to bottom, folding the edges in tightly. Repeat with the rest of burritos.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, transfer burritos to the skillet, folded-side-down and cook without turning until bottom is golden brown. Cook all sides until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Come and join my #SundaySupper family at this sleepover party and you don’t need to worry about planning what to eat because we have everything you need here. Check out these delicious recipes below:
- Bacon Jam Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Ham Egg Cheese Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Breakfast Strata with Bacon and Date by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli Breakfast Bake by Cricket’s Confections
- Classic Buttermilk Pancakes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burrito by Brunch-n-Bites
- Julia’s Mushroom Quiche – Quiche aux Champignons by An Appealing Plan
- Nutty Sweet Potato Waffles by Wholistic Woman
- Overnight Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Overnight Green Chile Breakfast Burritos by Cooking On The Ranch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars by Crazed Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes by Books n’ Cooks
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole by Moore or Less Cooking
- Swedish Pancakes with Brown Sugar Bananas by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Waffle Fruit Kabobs by Home Sweet Homestead
- 2-Minute Quick Fudge by Sunday Supper Movement
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Heavenly Oreo Dessert by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Mini Port Wine Chocolate Covered Apples by The Redhead Baker
- Peach Slab Pie by Pies and Plots
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Better Than Anything Chex Mix by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Caramel Corn by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cobb Salad Dip by Food Done Light
- Crispy Tortilla Cookie Cutouts by Palatable Pastime
- DIY Grilled Cheese Bar by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fluffernutter Puff Pastry Turnovers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Make-It-Yourself Caramel Apple Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Fish Party Mix by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Midnight Chicken Nuggets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pizza Popcorn by Feeding Big
- S’mores Snack Mix by Positively Stacey
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.