It’s been a while since I posted about #MeatlessMonday. Frederick and I went through a 3-week meatless diet in late January. It was hard and awful, not because we were craving for meats, but because I was lacking of ideas on what to cook. Pasta or ramen will always be a good solution, though.
I love La Pasta for a bunch of reasons, but mainly because they do not use any flavor enhancers and no hard-to-pronounce ingredients. Their foods are simple, original, all natural foods. They also cater special diet foods by producing a line of gluten-free pastas and vegan raviolis.
We were given the opportunity to sample their gluten-free Spinach & Cheese ravioli. I also made some jalapeno pesto and arugula to go with the ravioli. It was so delicious. Nothing beats fresh pasta made only from finest ingredients. If you love Italian food and prefer healthy, tasty, fresh food, La Pasta is the answer.
- ½ cup unsalted cashews
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 cups Asiago cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 oz baby spinach
- 1 oz arugula
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 package (18 oz) spinach and cheese ravioli
- In a food processor, process cashews, garlic, jalapeno, cheese and ¼ cup olive oil until smooth.
- Add the spinach and arugula, along with ¼ cup olive oil. Process to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook ravioli in a saucepan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Spoon pesto to pasta. Toss to combine and serve.