Add this Mediterranean dish to your cooking preferences, wrapped up in a crispy Mexican tortilla. Greek quesadillas will undoubtedly be one of the best picks for your easy, quick, and scrumptious meal. Dip them in the tzatziki sauce and enjoy the melty cheese inside as you take every bite. You only need to prepare a few ingredients, sprinkle, and bake to make four servings out of this Greek quesadillas recipe.
For tzatziki sauce
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt (buy here)
- ½ cup of finely chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill chops
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper
For greek quesadilla
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch rounds) (buy here)
- ½ cup of pitted kalamata olives, chopped (buy here)
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup of feta cheese crumbles (buy here)
- 2 cups of shredded chicken
- 3 cups of mozzarella, shredded
- Fresh dill chops
- In a small bowl, add Greek yogurt, cucumber, one tablespoon of dill chops, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and mix well. Let this tzatziki sauce sit in the fridge to let all the flavors perfectly meld
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line the baking sheet with the parchment paper
- Lay out your tortilla. Add mozzarella, kalamata olives, red peppers, feta cheese, and chicken. Then sprinkle on a little more mozzarella and feta cheese and the dill chops. Top with another tortilla and gently press down. Repeat this step for the remaining tortillas
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tortillas are light brown and the cheese melts
- Remove them from the oven to a serving plate and slice into wedges
- Serve warm with tzatziki sauce
If you are looking for products for your Greek quesadillas, the following lists suggest some items to choose from.
1. Mission Flour Tortillas
It has a super soft texture with only 4 grams of net carbohydrates and zero sugar per serving. It is an alternative source of your dietary fiber and does not contain any trans fat or cholesterol. It comes in an 8-inch diameter and has 8 wraps in the package. It is great with seasoned chicken breast, avocado, and ranch-spiced yogurt
2. Fage Total Greek Yogurt
It is non-fat, made from only milk and yogurt culture, with a rich and creamy taste. This plain yogurt is high in protein and will be an excellent source of your calcium intake. It has no added sugar and is free from additives or preservatives. It works well with fruits, sweet treats, and savory dishes as well
3. Roland Foods Whole Pitted Kalamata Olives
They are made with water, salt, red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and sunflower oil. The olives are brine-cured and packed in vinegar and they have a smoky, fruity, and salty flavor in an appealing purple color. They are equipped with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and rich in healthy fats. You can use them with cheese, meats, crackers, hummus, vegetables, and pasta, or spread them over your foccacia and baguette.
4. Dodoni Feta Cheese
This cheese is tasty, nutritious, and nourishing and will be a great addition to your Greek quesadillas. It is produced exclusively from pure Greek, pasteurized sheep’s and goat’s milk, along with sea salt, enzymes, and cheese culture, with no preservatives.
You will get the crumbly texture and salty, tangy taste from this brined cheese. You can also use it with olive oil, roasted red peppers, and nuts, or in Greek salads, spanakopitas, pizzas, pies, omelettes, and souffles.
5. Zulay Kitchen Large Pizza Cutter Wheel
This pizza cutter comes with a rust-resistant, 3-inch-diameter rolling wheel to easily slice your flatbreads, pies, pizzas, brownies, pastry, and lasagna. It features sharp and smooth blade, a non-slip handle, and a built-in protective guard to protect your thumb while slicing. You can also use it for food preparations like cutting fresh herbs, homemade pasta, bread, pie dough, desserts, and more.