Homemade Chocolate Syrup
Have you read that article about 50 things that you grew up with in the…? A while ago, I had a fun conversation with my friends about things we used to bring home. I said ‘home’ because ‘home’ is a relative term. In the past, we didn’t consider that U.S. will be our home. So for me, home is where we were born and grew up in.
There are so many silly things we used to bring home to be eaten crazily. Like Pinwheels Chocolate & Marshmallow Cookies, Symphony Chocolate Bar, and so much more. Those are the things that always accompany us whereever we go. And one more thing… Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup.
I’m not a fan of regular milk – it tastes so ‘blah’ and for me, I need something better, like adding Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup to my milk. Not a good idea, eh? This week Sunday Supper is about copycat recipe and thanks to Coleen from The Red Head Baker for organizing it because I have my excuse to recreate the good old days. Thankfully we now have Almond Milk and I don’t have any problems drinking regular milk, but Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup is still one of my favorites… especially for eating ice cream.
Homemade Chocolate Syrup
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup cold water
- ¼ kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together cocoa powder and water in a saucepan.Turn heat to medium-low and whisking frequently.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Stir in salt and vanilla. Pour into a mason jar and allow to come to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate.
Check out other copycat recipes and tell me the most favorite copycat recipes you’ve created:
- Copy Cat Orange Julius Recipe (sugar free) by Simply Healthy Family
- Hard Rock Cafe’s Twist & Shout Shake by The Crumby Cupcake
- Bang Bang Cauliflower Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Copy Cat: Outback Bloomin’ Sauce with Onion Petals by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Nopal Dip by Cookin’ Mimi
- Copycat Hershey’s Syrup: Homemade Chocolate Syrup by Brunch with Joy
- Copycat Sriracha Sauce by Nosh My Way
- The Village Cafe’s Avocado Dressing by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad Copycat by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Applebee’s Shrimp and Cavatappi by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- B.good’s West Side burger with chipotle salsa and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brie and Asparagus Pasta by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesecake Factory Cashew Chicken by Feeding Big
- Chicken Kitchen Chop Chop and Curry Mustard Sauce by Love and Confections
- Chicken Tikka Poutine by Sustainable Dad
- Chili’s Margarita Grilled Chicken by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Filet Mignon with Red Wine Reduction and Roasted Fingerling Potatoes by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- IHOP’s Ham, Egg & Cheese Melt by Food Done Light
- Chevy’s Sweet Corn Tomalito by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Henri’s Tas-Tee Dressing Clone and Cole Slaw by Palatable Pastime
- Panera Copycat Mac and Cheese by From Gate to Plate
- Copycat Cosmic Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cracker Barrel’s Double Fudge Coca-Cola Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Friendly’s Monster Mash Sundae by The Redhead Baker
- Sheetz “Gobbz” Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Tiramisu by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Yeasted Sour Cherry Coffee Cake by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.