You guys… this lemon tart is outstanding. I have previously shared about me not liking lemon or anything citrusy but I managed to befriended lemons few years ago. Kinda late, but thankfully it’s never too late to start liking something new.
Farmers Market has been my favorite destination in all cities I’ve stayed. I can’t say it’s a weekend trip because we have them on weekdays, too. Back in LA, it was held every Wednesday and I never missed their grilled corn for lunch. When I moved back to SF, it happened every Tuesday and Saturday. On some occasions, I would go twice a week because I enjoyed it so much, not to mention that as it was located in Ferry Building, it has a view facing the Bay Bridge. It’s gorgeous!
Thankfully, we have Farmers Market around our neighborhood too every Thursday and Saturday. Unlike any other Farmers Market I’ve been to, this one is quite different. It has a small area for kids to play, a section for beer, wine, and cheese, along with other special sections. Yeah, fancy is the right word to describe it.
When I visit Farmers Market, I always hunt for something fresh to support local farmers. So, when I went there the other day I couldn’t stop looking at these lemons. They’re so beautiful that I kept thinking of lemon tarts on the way home. I rushed myself baking the tarts using recipe from Huckleberry and added lemon curd for the filling. Oh yum! I’m super excited with the result and hope you will enjoy it too.
- Everyday Flaky Dough (by Huckleberry):
- 2 cups/ 250 gr all purpose flour
- ¼ cup/ 50gr sugar
- ½ tsp bk. powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup/ 220gr cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ¼ cup/ 60 ml water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup butter
- Lemon Curd: In a pan, combine the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and zest. Keep whisking under medium-high heat.
- Add the butter and continue whisking until thick.
- Let is cool and spoon to tart. Cover and refrigerate until you're ready to eat.
Appetizers, Sides, and Salads
- 8 Grain Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Farm Fresh Gazpacho by An Appealing Plan
- Farmer’s Market Potato Salad by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fennel and Orange Salad by Feeding Big – and more!
- Gazpacho Shooters with Avocado and Corn Salsa by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peach Caprese by A Gouda Life
- Grilled Prosciutto Corn by Palatable Pastime
- Peach Caprese Salad by The Joyful Foodie
- Radish Top Pesto by Our Good Life
- Carrot Ravioli with Broccoli-Ricotta Filling by Caroline’s Cooking
- Farmers Market Pizza by Simply Healthy Family
- Farmstand Kebobs with Tahini Dipping Sauce by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gemista (Greek Stuffed Tomatoes) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Halibut with Sugar Snap Peas, Mushrooms and Potatoes en Papillote by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Spaghetti and Zoodles with Vegetable Bolognese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Pesto by Tasting Page
- Squash Blossom, Zucchini and Gouda Frittata by FoodieTots
- Sweet Corn Chowder with Crabmeat by The Redhead Baker
- Vegetable and Chicken Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Ziti with Bacon and Greens by Cooking Chat
- Chaussons aux Pommes by Food Lust People Love
- Classic Peach Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Dairy Free Peach Mango Lassis with Coconut Whipped Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Curd Raspberry Crumb Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Lemon Tart by Brunch with Joy
- Peach Berry Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peach Cobbler with Blueberry Biscuits by Food Done Light
- Raspberry Rhubarb Sweet Rolls by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Southern Peach Cobbler with Italian Mascarpone by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Triple Cherry Crisp by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.