Matcha Popcorn Milkshake
For the last two weeks, my life has been filled with surprises after surprises. I just came back from my Asian trip last May and last week, my bestie surprised me with a gift – a cruise to Bahamas. It was an impromptu trip and I literally got the plane ticket three days before the cruise. Now I am still remembering our great time together, with her and her family, feasting over delicious food, playing on the white sand beach all day, and doing nothing – other than thinking of where I should go next.
During the night, we watched lots and lots of live shows and movies – from Golden Mickey to Pixar. During the trip, our nights were always filled with entertainment. And of course, popcorn played an important role. I mean, popcorn + entertainment makes a lovely duet and I just can’t get my mind off popcorn. Have you tasted Tabasco Honey Butter Popcorn, Cookie Butter Popcorn Cupcakes, or this lovely Birthday Cake Oreo Popcorn? The possibilities are endless but for now, let’s talk about Matcha Popcorn Milkshake. I was a bit nervous when I first mixed the ingredients but I prove myself wrong (again). This milkshake has a wonderful unique flavor, one that you’ve never imagined. And the best part… it is so easy to make and will definitely spoil your day.
Want more popcorn? You’re in luck! I teamed up with 14 other bloggers to share innovative popcorn recipes with you and to bring you an eye-popping popcorn giveaway. We’re using the hashtag #popcornisforbloggers on social media this week. Check out everyone’s blogs to see their popcorn recipes throughout the week:
Beth at bethcakes // Amy at Club Narwhal // Abby at The Frosted Vegan // Nick at Macheesmo // Linda at Brunch with Joy // Meghan and Cake ‘n Knife // Erica at The Crumby Cupcake // Molly at Hey There Sunshine // Meredith at Meredith Noelle // Katie at Twin Stripe // Sarah at The Sugar Hit // Erin at The Speckled Palate // LeAndra at Love and Flour // Heather at Sugar Dish Me // Susannah at Feast + WestAlso, a big thanks to Cabot Creamery and Bob’s Red Mill for generously sponsoring our project and giveaway.
We’re giving away a big movie night prize pack that’s worth more than $115! See the Rafflecopter below to enter to win this amazing set. The prize pack includes:
- A West Bend Professional On-Demand Hot-Air Popcorn Popper // $80 value
- Two 27-ounce bags Bob’s Red Mill White Popcorn Kernels // $7.38 value
- Two 27-ounce bags Bob’s Red Mill Yellow Popcorn Kernels // $7.78 value
- One 8-ounce jar Cabot Cheddar Cheese Shake // $6.95 value
- And a $15 gift card to Amazon.com!
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times, up to 18 additional entries by following the giveaway sponsors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the info as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Friday, July 17, 2015 at 10 a.m. EST. One winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $117. Prizes shown in the graphic are the only ones available.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of July 6, 2015.
Matcha Popcorn Milkshake
- 2 cups popcorn
- 2 vanilla bean ice cream
- 11/2 cup almond milk
- 11/2 tsp green tea (matcha) powder
- Pulse 2 cups popcorn in a blender until finely ground.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Top the milkshakes with more popcorn and matcha powder.