Anything with a surprise center automatically makes these cookies much more special, especially when filled with Nutella. Nutella-Filled Chocolate Baileys Cookies are a must try for your baking this year! I’m doing my chicken dance! These cookies… these Baileys cookies… with Nutella in it… are outrageous. The history of this cookie started last September, when I suddenly craved for chocolate! Like… super dark chocolate with more chocolate on the inside. So I baked some brown butter bacon bourbon cookies. That sounds a mouthful, doesn’t it? Well, I totally love the smell of brown butter and those cookies came out with the best brown butter aroma, especially combined with bourbon and bacon. However, they were too dry and I think I put too much bourbon in it because I went tipsy after
few four cookies.
So yeah, first attempt failed! Thus, I changed the game plan and used Baileys instead. Second attempt was quite a hit. I still used brown butter but omit bacon because I don’t think the two goes together. The exterior came out fine; however the interior needed some quick fix. And that’s when Nutella jumped in.
You know when people say third time is a charm? Well, I guess it’s true because these cookies have become our new favorites. Ignore the dark color, I guarantee you’ll fall in love with these cookies in a split second.
These cookies, however, need an extra care… such as extra refrigeration before you bake them in the oven. Thanks to Nordic Ware for this covered bowl because I could make the cookie dough right in this bowl and refrigerate it. This bowl is not only microwave-safe, but also comes with lid for easy storage. So after few hours of refrigeration, I can start molding my cookie and place them on this natural prism sheet pan that is perfect for cookies. The embossed grid pattern enhances the performance of supremely functioning baking pans that adds strength, durability, scratch-resistance, easy release and improves air flow for crisping. No wonder these cookies are so special!
Click here to learn more about Nordic Ware and their fabulous products.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup salted sweet butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- ¼ cups Baileys
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Whisk butter, sugar, brown sugar, and egg until combined.
- Add in Baileys and flour mixture; then fold using a spatula or wooden spoon until the dough comes together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Take a scoop of cookie dough and flatten it out into a small dish. Take a spoonful of chilled Nutella and place it in the center. Pinch the seams like a dumpling. Roll into a ball and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes, then let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Disclaimer: I created this post in partnership with Nordic Ware. Thank you for helping support brands that I love!