Kick your Taco Tuesday or Cinco de Mayo up a notch with these pineapple lime chicken tacos that are hearty and full of flavors!
Can’t you believe May is here? May is one of my favorite months. Not because our anniversary is coming up but the weather gets so nice and flowers are blooming everywhere. The weather finally hit 70s this weekend and BBQ is on my bucket list. Seriously…what is better than that?
May is also an exciting fun since Cinco de Mayo is here. And what it means is endless tacos, margaritas, mariachi band, and all the festivities. So my #SundaySupper family is here to celebrate Cinco de Mayo and you’re all invited!
Pineapple Chicken Lime Tacos
- 12 corn tortillas (gluten-free if needed)
- 3 cups prepared salsa
- Avocado sliced or guacamole
- Red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Jalapeno slices
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh oregano (or 3/4 tsp dry)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the marinade and chicken ingredients. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate it overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your grill. Grill the chicken over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 10-15 minutes total, depending on the size of the chicken pieces. Set aside when done.
- Warm the tortillas on the grill, about 20 seconds per side.
- Add red cabbage and chicken in a warm tortilla. Top with salsa, guacamole, jalapeno, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Check out what others are making and get inspired:
Sunday Supper Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Authentic Easy Guacamole by Curious Cuisiniere
- Beef and Portobella Tostados by Our Good Life
- Cumin Spiced Potato Quesadillas by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Easy 5 Minute Restaurant Style Salsa by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fiesta Corn Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rotisserie Chicken Nachos by Pies and Plots
- Cherry Paloma by The Crumby Cupcake
- Coconut Margarita by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mexican Sunset by Girl Abroad
- Spicy Micheladas by Sunday Supper Movement
- Strawberry Pineapple Agua Fresca by Authentically Candace
- Cheese Enchiladas with Red Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicken Tinga Chalupas by Palatable Pastime
- Chipotle Chicken and Black Bean Soup by Cooking Chat
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup by Soulfully Made
- Deluxe Beef and Bean Tostadas with Pickled Onions by The Weekend Gourmet
- Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Casserole by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas with Mexican Slaw by A Mind Full Mom
- Southwestern Chicken Layered Salad with Cilantro Dressing by My Savory Spoon
Sides and Sauces
- Alambre Skillet Cheese Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Black Bean Cilantro Rice by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mango Habanero Sauce by Caroline’s Cooking
- Queso Fundido (Melted Cheese with Chorizo) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Slow Cooker Healthy Refried Beans by Cricket’s Confections
- Traditional Salsa Verde by Basic N Delicious
- Blueberry-Chocolate Jicamuffins by What Smells So Good?
- Carlota de Limón – Lime Charlotte by Food Lust People Love
- Flourless Mexican Hot Chocolate Cake by Baking Sense
- Margarita Cupcakes by Gourmet Everyday
- Oreo Taco Cookies by Ninja Baker
- Sopapilla-Inspired Cheesecake Bars by Books n’ Cooks
- Strawberry Gluten-Free Hand Pies by And She Cooks
- Taco Bake by My World Simplified
- Pineapple Lime Chicken Tacos by Brunch-n-Bites
- Mini Taco Bowl Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lime Chicken Soft Tacos by Life Tastes Good
- Chicken Street Tacos by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Fajitas by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.