Popcorn Chicken Grilled Cheese Burger
Okay, first things first for the Popcorn Chicken Grilled Cheese Burger.
Popcorn chicken is so addictive and in case you missed it, it’s here.
My friends, when I say it’s addictive… it truly is. There is no “I think I’ll have just one…” If you don’t believe me you can ask someone who ate popcorn chicken leftovers at midnight, aka the hubs.
There’s something to be said for those bite-size crunchylicious chicken chunks. I top my salad with popcorn chicken, eat it with rice, popcorn chicken tacos, and so many endless possibilities. Or if you’re being extra self-generous, add that to your favorite grilled cheese sandwich and make a Popcorn Chicken Grilled Cheese Burger. How do you like to enjoy popcorn chicken? Do you have a favorite recipe that you make or do you save them for an indulgence on a special day?
Well today is that special day because we’re celebrating National Grilled Cheese Day. So grab, devour, and celebrate the good times!
- 1 cup popcorn chicken
- 4-8 slices of cheddar cheese (or swiss/american cheese)
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mixed salad or shredded lettuce
- 2 hamburger patty
- 2 tbs light mayonnaise
- 1 tbs sriracha
- 1 tbs maggi sauce
- To make the sriracha mayo: combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Top 4-5 pieces of popcorn chicken with cheese, then place the cheese-topped chicken onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Place them into the oven on a low broil to very quickly melt the cheese.
- To assemble: spread mayonnaise on in-side of the bun, then lay the veggies on the bottom bun, followed by tomato slices, and chicken, then the top bun.