I am swallowing my saliva as I write this post. This roasted brussels sprouts totally kick butts. Period. Years ago, I never thought I would be deeply in love with brussels sprouts. They tasted bitter when I first tried them, and I blamed the chef for that.
Years later, I encountered them again over a dinner party at work. As I tried to be polite, I carefully stick my fork to one, took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and forced myself to eat it. But to my surprise, it tasted amazing! Since then, my love for brussels sprouts keep growing bit by bit until I completely in love with them. Each time there’s a brussels sprouts dish on the menu, I’d pick them for sure. There was a time when I had to have brussels sprouts every week and I literally ate the whole bag myself.
On our recent trip to LA in September, we (or rather, I insisted that we) went to The Lime Truck (TLT) for a quick stop. TLT used to be a food truck and they had a place close to my used-to-be office. Every time I visited LA, this is a must-visit place. Sadly, we didn’t have enough time that day, so I forced Frederick – in my most polite and gentle manner – to drive there right before we head back to the airport so I could bring them home. The dish was so good that I had to recreate it at home. The recipe is slightly different, but the result is still awesomesauce!
- 10 oz (284 gr) brussels sprouts
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ medium-size red onion, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2 slices turkey bacon
Wasabi Mustard Dressing
- ½ tbs wasabi mustard
- 1 tba lite mayonnaise
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a roasting pan or large skillet. Add the turkey bacon and cook until golden brown and crisp. Remove the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and red onion to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove to a plate and top with crumbled turkey bacon.
- For wasabi mustard dressing: combine all the ingredients and serve over brussels sprouts.
- Lightened Up Eggnog by The Redhead Baker
- Low Calorie Pumpkin Pie Malted Milkshake by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Appetizer or starter
- Gruyere Cheese Puffs by Sustainable Dad
- Lighten-up Sausage Rolls by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Sweet Apple Bites by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Lightened Up Cornbread Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Spicy Eggplant Dip by Cooking Chat
- Carciofi alla Trapanese by Manu’s Menu
- Fresh Salmon Carpaccio by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole by Having Fun Saving
- Holiday Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes and Corn by Family Foodie
- Mini Mushroom Shepherd’s Pies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Grandma’s Mac n’ Cheese by What Smells So Good?
- Lean Mean Cheeseburger Soup by The Foodie Army Wife
- Turkey Roulade with Mushroom Stuffing and Blueberry Thyme Gravy by Food Done Light
- Slow Cooker Roasted Butternut Squash & Chicken Sausage Soup by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Lightened-Up Fettuccine Alfredo by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Brunch with Joy
- Butternut Squash Orzo Pasta by Life Tastes Good
- Hearts of Palm, Artichoke, Avocado and Butter Lettuce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Quick and Easy Sweet Potato by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Lentil & Mushroom Stuffing by Foxes Love Lemons
- Almond-Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli by The Texan New Yorker
- Tangy, Spiced Red Cabbage by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Honey Ginger Glazed Carrots by Ruffles & Truffles
- Shrimp Salad with White Wine Vinaigrette by eating in instead
- Cranberry Orange Glazed Green by Beans Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Turkey and Roasted Cauliflower Stuffed Acorn Squash by annaDishes
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Green Beans with Rosemary Garlic Butter by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mediterranean Lentil Stuffed Delicata Squash by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Leaner Green Beans by Noshing With The Nolands
- Spiced Tri-Colored Carrot Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Greek Village Salad by Peaceful Cookin
- Healthier Potluck Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Farro Stuffing with Cranberries and Walnuts by The Dinner-Mom
- Roasted Parsnip and Apple SoupCurious by Cuisiniere
- Individual Cheesecakes by Nosh My Way
- Light and Luscious Chocolate Cheesecake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Healthy Brownie Recipe | Applesauce Brownies by The Perfect Brownie
- Peanut Butter Coconut Mini by BarsBasic N Delicious
- The Blondie Recipe by Wallflour Girl
- Cinnamon Roll Granola Bars by Pies and Plots
- Skinny Ninja Cheesecake by NinjaBaker.com
- Lightened Oat Flax Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondie #GlutenFree by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.