This Tuna Salad recipe proves that lemongrass make a satisfying and incredibly flavorful vinaigrette for salad. Perfect for a light lunch or easy weeknight dinner.
Is it okay to be jealous? At the beginning of this year or late last year, I made a commitment to take care of this blog and not see this as an “when I have time” activity. The first two weeks was quite fine and everything was under control until I hit rock bottom again last week. All of a sudden, my workload piled up and sometimes I wonder how it got there. My off-site jobs suddenly woke up from their sleep and clients started calling every one hour.
It was Tuesday the 13th when things went wild. My normal 30-mins commute time had gone to over an hour that day due to 3 accidents on my way in (and another 2 on my way home). Just when I finally reached my office, I received a call from the police, saying that our home had been sending them distress signal which means that something had gone wrong. They had to check our home and made sure everything was fine. The good thing is that it was a false alarm and nothing bad had happened to our house. But still, my adrenaline went high and I felt like hiding under the table. Later that night, I went to Costco and while putting the stuffs in the trunk, my cart rolled by itself and hit the car next to mine. I was literally in shocked since the driver was inside. Luckily nothing happened and she didn’t even bother to look at it.
Things like that always make me wish to have a superpower to stop time. This seared tuna salad comes into action when things get rough and you only have that little amount of energy to prepare dinner. 20 minutes is what you need and this salad recipe proves that lemongrass make a satisfying and incredibly flavorful vinaigrette for a salad. Perfect for a light lunch or easy weeknight dinner.
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 4 (5-ounce) tuna steaks
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- Thinly-sliced cucumber, optional
Wasabi Lemongrass Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tbs minced lemongrass
- 2 tbs tamari sauce
- 6 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs mirin
- Wasabi, to taste
- To make the vinaigrette, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle tuna with pepper and salt. Place in skillet and cook 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Transfer tuna to cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice tuna on an angle and arrange on the salad. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Don’t forget to check the rest of this week’s Weekday Supper recipes below.
- Monday – Pan Seared Dover Sole with Tropical Avocado Salsa by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Tuesday – Broccoli Cheese Soup by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Wednesday – Seared Tuna Salad with Wasabi Lemongrass Vinaigrette by Brunch with Joy
- Thursday – Chicken Fried Rice by eating in instead
- Friday – Spinach Pesto Pasta by Alida’s Kitchen
Find more great ideas for Weekday Suppers on our Weekday Supper Pinterest Board!