It’s totally Summer weather here now, which means vacation, endless ice cream, and pool time! Back in LA, we used to spend a day or two at the beach, hanging out with friends; but not in SF. It’s not always easy for me to get down to the beach so we always stay safe by the poolside.
When I was little, the siblings and I took a swimming class every week. I don’t quite remember the lessons, since I was still very young, but I do remember that the water was cold and I always got out of the water feeling hungry! I would order snacks from the snack bar while waiting for my turn to go back swimming. I’m sure I’m not the only one who did that, so I am not feeling guilty at all.
However as I grew older, I don’t feel like eating big meal when I go swimming. Instead, I would just nibble on some dips, such as this spicy cheesy corn dip. The ‘spicy’ part can be omitted if you’re not a fan of jalapeno, but I do need an extra kick for my dip.
- 3 cups corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 5 chopped jalapeno
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, jalapeno, mozzarella cheese, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic powder, chili powder and oregano; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread corn mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Place into oven and bake until bubbly around the edges, about 20-25 minutes.
- Garnished with tomato and green onion, and serve immediately.
Refreshing Beverages and Cocktails:
- Beermosas by eating in instead
- Cantaloupe Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Classic Spanish Sangria by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Sangria with Plums by Whole Food | Real Families
- Lime and Ginger Cordial by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Lime in the Coconut Caipirinha by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Minted Limeade with Vodka by Our Good Life
- Mojito Slush by Life Tastes Good
- Pear and Cranberry Orange Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pool Water by From Gate to Plate
- Sparkling Mermaid Lemonade by Simply Healthy Family
- Spiked Blackberry Lemonade by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Appealing Appetizers and Snacks:
- Chip and Dip Sunflowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coconut Key Lime Cheesecake Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Eggplant, Spinach and White Bean Dip with Homemade Cheddar Crackers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Spicy Shrimp with Pineapple Aioli by A Gouda Life
- Low-Carb Turkey Club Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Corn and Pepper Guacamole by The Redhead Baker
- Roasted Jalapeno Hummus by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Tropical Fruit Quesadillas by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Zesty Tex-Mex Shrimp Cocktail by The Weekend Gourmet
Super Sides and Salads:
- BLT Pasta Salad by A Day in the Life on a Farm
- Mexican Three Bean Salad by Tasting Page
- Olive Tomato Salad by Magnolia Days
- Superfood Crunch Salad by Food Done Light
- Tuna Salad by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Watermelon Brie Salad by Brunch with Joy
Tempting Desserts and Sweets:
- 5 Fantastic Frozen Fruit Pops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Butter Pecan M&M’s Magic Bars by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Oatmeal Toffee Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sour Cherry Crumb Cake by Pies and Plots
- Swim Ring Cakes by The Freshman Cook
- Under the Sea Dessert by Feeding Big
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.