Indulge yourself in this sweet, yummy, and creamy fruit snack you can make in a few minutes. These coconut milk popsicles can be a healthy kick on a hot day or a simple dessert you can grab anytime from the fridge. It is a DIY snack and easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
- 2 cups of strawberry slices
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1½ cup of full-fat canned coconut milk (buy here)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (buy here)
- Add the strawberry slices to a saucepan and heat it over medium heat
- Simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the strawberry gets soft and is nicely coated with the honey
- Remove it from the heat and let it cool down to room temperature
- Mix coconut milk and vanilla extract in a cup and stir
- Fill a half of each mold with the coconut mixture and add strawberry slices
- Top them off with the remaining coconut mixture
- Once you are done filling, place the lid on, and insert the sticks into the center of each mold
- Put your coconut milk popsicles in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours or overnight
- Take your molds out of the freezer and enjoy. If you find it hard to demold, let the tray sit for 5 minutes. Fill a bowl with warm water until the water reaches the top border of the molds, and immerse for 30-45 seconds. You can also break your strawberry coconut milk popsicles from any frozen ice by gently twisting the sticks
You will probably find the following products useful for your fridge’s next creations since making this snack is never a dull moment.
1. Edward & Sons Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk
This is unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk with an 18% total fat percentage, which is recommended for your coconut strawberry popsicles. It has a full-bodied coconut taste with a smooth and creamy texture.
It does not contain guar gum or other additives and is pressed from the nutmeat of mature organic coconuts. It is also perfect for soups, curries, sauces, desserts, and beverages
2. McCormick All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
It is purely extracted from Madagascar vanilla beans and gives you a strong, floral-like sweetness with hints of bourbon, rum, and dried fruit. It is free from gluten, GMOs, and corn syrup, which will be a healthy addition to your strawberry coconut popsicles.
This will enhance the other flavors and can be widely used for making cookies, cakes, and desserts, or even balancing meat and seafood dishes
3. Bell Dream Popsicle Molds
It comes with six reusable sticks and a long handle to make a 3.3-ounce popsicle with two shapes at a time. With food-grade silicone and non-stick material, you can easily take your coconut milk popsicle out of the mold.
It will also release your creativity in making other creations, whether with fruit juice or other ingredients such as puree, yogurt, pudding, jelly, and more.