Lychee strawberry panna cotta is a strawberry pudding with a beautiful lychee flavor combination. This pudding dessert is a very popular Chinese pudding and an Italian custard dessert that became a trend in the United States.
It is thickened with gelatin, which makes it a creamy and sweet dessert that can be made ahead, refrigerated, and served whenever you are ready for a dessert. If you are curious about this good-looking dessert, read along and let’s jump right in!
How to Make Strawberry Lychee Panna Cotta
- 5 tablespoons of lemon juice (buy here)
- 2 teaspoons of unflavored powdered gelatin (buy here)
- Whole milk (1 cup) (buy here)
- Heavy cream (1 cup) (buy here)
- ½ cup of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of lemon zest (buy here)
- Lychee pureed (1 cup) (buy here)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (buy here)
Ingredients for the Strawberry Glaze
- Diced strawberries (1 cup) (buy here)
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons of water (buy here)
- The first thing you need to do is make the strawberry glaze.
- Start by heating the strawberry pieces and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- After the sugar has dissolved, add the cornstarch solution and bring to a boil. Stir constantly, then simmer for one minute.
- Once it’s done, remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool while stirring occasionally so it doesn’t get too hard.
- For the panna cotta, sprinkle the powdered gelatin over the lemon juice and let it sit for ten minutes to soften.
- Then, combine milk and cream in a saucepan and heat until warm.
- Once the gelatin is soft, stir it into the milk with the sugar and stir over low heat until it dissolves.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the lemon zest, lychee puree, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses (only halfway) and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day (cover with plastic wrap).
- To serve, spoon a dollop of strawberry glaze over each glass of panna cotta and serve right away.
Recommended Products for Strawberry Panna Cotta
1. Lemon Juice
- REAL FLAVOR: Made with 100 percent lemon and lime juice from concentrate .
- FRESH TASTE: Get the taste of real juice without the hassle of cutting into fresh lemons or limes .
- NATURALLY GOOD: ReaLemon and ReaLime are caffeine-free, gluten-free and sodium.-free
Just like the name suggests, this lemon juice is 100% real lemon and comes in a bottle with 8 ounces of fluid. It is made with lemon juice from concentrate and less than 2% of sodium benzoate, sodium metabisulfite, and sodium sulfite, along with lemon oil.
This product lets you enjoy the real taste of lemon juice without having to deal with cutting. It makes a great space-saving kitchen companion that adds a delicious touch of lemon or lime to your seafood, poultry, and marinades.
2. Unflavored Powdered Gelatin
- Two 16 oz canisters of Knox Unflavored Gelatin Duel Pack
- Acts as a versatile ingredient
- Colorless and unflavored, so it won’t affect the taste or color of your recipe
- The ingredient brand you can trust for perfect recipes every time
For this lychee strawberry panna cotta to have the best texture, you have to look for the right powdered gelatin. This product offers two 16-ounce canisters of gelatin. It is known for being colorless and unflavored, which will not affect the color or taste of your favorite recipe.
This is an essential ingredient for strengthening or stabilizing desserts like parfaits, cheesecake, homemade marshmallows, and much more. The product itself contains no added sugar, artificial colors, or artificial flavors.
3. Whole Milk
- Product Type:Grocery
- Item Package Dimension:10.0 ” L X6.0 ” W X10.0 ” H
- Item Package Weight:12.0 Lbs
- Country Of Origin: United States
This is an organic whole milk that offers 18 packs of product. With a total weight of 5.08 kg, this whole milk is a great source of protein and an excellent source of calcium.
It contains no artificial flavors or colors, which makes it a healthy everday product to consume. The milk is 100% natural and comes from the best farms in the United States. It is perfect for recipes, shakes, cold drinks, and, of course, desserts.
4. Heavy Cream
- ORGANIC HEAVY COCONUT CREAM: A staple of Thai, Indian & Caribbean cuisines, coconut milk imparts rich & creamy goodness & makes a delicious ingredient in soups, curries, sauces, desserts & beverages.
- MILK REPLACEMENT: With a higher fat content than our classic coconut milk, coconut cream can be an ideal dairy replacement in numerous recipes. It’s sourced from certified organic Sri Lankan coconuts.
Also known as the staple of Thai, Indian, and Caribbean cuisine, this coconut heavy cream is an organic product providing rich and creamy goodness. It is a tasty ingredient in soups, sauces, curries, desserts, and drinks.
With a higher fat content, this coconut cream makes an ideal substitute for milk in many recipes, like beverages, desserts, and baked goods. It is non-GMO, vegan, paleo, gluten-free, low in sodium, and kosher certified.
For the lemon zest, we recommend this fresh lemon for this recipe. Not only are these lemons fresh, but they also come in premium quality, which makes this product a favorite.
With 2 pounds of these lemons, you can enjoy making fresh drinks and enriching your favorite recipes with a pinch of deliciousness and freshness.
6. Lychee Pureed
- MIXOLOGY MINDED: Perfect for Italian sodas, beer cocktails, alcohol-free drinks and frozen or shaken daiquiris and coladas
- REAL FLAVOR: Sweet, floral flavors of the exotic South African lychee to cocktails everywhere. Pairs with floral and coconut flavors
As one of the main ingredients, this lychee puree comes from the brand Real, which offers 16.9 ounces of lychee puree in a squeeze bottle. It is known for having an authentic flavor that is sweet, floral, and has a hint of coconut flavor.
The product is featured in a wide-mouth bottle that helps you eliminate waste with a bar spoon or spatula and a volcano spout. You can use this lychee puree in your sodas, cocktails, non-alcohol drinks, frozen or shaken daiquiris, and coladas, as well as for baking and desserts.
7. Vanilla Extract
- VANILLA EXTRACT – Simply Organic Vanilla Extract is made from the Madagascar Bourbon variety of vanilla beans and has no added sugar. Buttery smooth, extra-sweet flavor and subtle floral notes make this vanilla extract great for desserts and sauces. But don’t stop there — vanilla is also now commonly used in smoothies, savory dishes and even DIY home care.
If you are looking for organic vanilla extract, this product is a good recommendation. It is made with Madagascar Bourbon variety vanilla beans with no added sugar. With 4 ounces of product in a bottle, this vanilla extract is buttery smooth, extra sweet, and has subtle floral notes.
This product provides real vanilla extract with no GMOs, no sugar, and no artificial colors or flavors. It is also a kosher certified product, has a deep amber color, and is perfect for seasoning, spices, mixes, and baking flavors.
- Selected and stored fresh
- Sourced with high quality standards
- Recommended to wash before consuming
- Delicious on their own as a healthy snack or as part of a recipe
Another main ingredient for this lychee strawberry panna cotta recipe is fresh strawberries. This product offers one pound of strawberries per pack, with a weight of 16 ounces. It has a sweet and juicy flavor and provides high levels of vitamin C.
The product is a Florida-originated item that is packed unrefrigerated and uncooled. Whether you want to use them for smoothies, juice, cakes, desserts, or consume them just the way they are, these strawberries are a great option to consider.
- A nearly flavorless thickener, Argo corn starch allows the natural taste of food to shine through
- Argo corn starch is the perfect thickening agent for gravies, sauces, and glazes
- It can also be used to thicken desserts like pies, custards, and puddings
- Because it’s gluten-free, Argo corn starch is a health-conscious alternative to glutinous starches used in baking and cooking
With 1.2 pounds of cornstarch, you can thicken your favorite gravies, sauces, and glazes. The product comes with four boxes of nearly flavorless cornstarch to fill your kitchen.
It allows your recipes to have a natural taste and shine through without being bothered by this cornstarch flavor. The cornstarch can also be used in desserts like pies, puddings, and custards. It is safe to consume since it is gluten-free.