Chorizo Egg Breakfast Skillet
I love a good brunch. And that’s the main reason I look forward to having a nap each morning and waking up a bit late to enjoy brunch.
And I love having friends who love brunch. And ultimately, having brunch with friends who love to have brunch… that’s really a power combo!
This Chorizo Egg Breakfast Skillet is my ultimate recipe for a small group brunching. It’s easy to prep, clean up, and brings all the yumminess in one skillet. I hope you are all excited as we’re celebrating Cinco de mayo today. But if you forgot to wear your sombrero or having tacos, this colorful skillet might help. Look at that festive color! Shall we brunch?
And oh, this Chorizo Egg Breakfast Skillet is a combination of all things I love! From Vidalia onion to Chabot cheese, and did you check that egg container from Le Creuset? How cute is that… And if you like following specific measurement when cooking, check out Kitchen IQ. They have so many kitchen gadgets that you will fall in love with!
- 3 cups of cubed red potatoes
- 1 tsp ancho chili pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- ½ lb chorizo, remove casing
- ½ medium onion, cubed
- 1 bell pepper (I use ½ red, ½ orange)
- ½ cup mushroom slices
- 1 tbs worcesteshire sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- Chabot white oak cheddar
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, chili pepper, olive oil, rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper. Coat well.
- Heat a pan and cook potatoes over medium high for about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chorizo in single layer, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and mushrooms, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in worcesteshire sauce, brown sugar, and potatoes. Mix everything together.
- Create three mini craters on the pan and crack eggs, one into each hole.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until eggs are set.
- Remove from heat and add shredded cheddar cheese on top.
Have you entered the giveaway yet? Don’t forget your chance to win big. I mean BIG!
- Aperol Cocktails by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Grapefruit Rosemary Mocktails by Sweet Beginnings
- Teh Tarik (Malaysian Pulled Tea) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Homemade Crumpets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Family Around the Table
- Cannoli French Toast by Cooking In Stilettos
- Cinnamon Cobblestone Bread by My Catholic Kitchen
- Orange Popvers by The Chef Next Door
- Pretzel Bagels with Roasted Jalapeno Cream Cheese by The Texan New Yorker
- Strawberries and Cream Sweet Rolls by The Redhead Baker
- Yeast Waffles with Fried Apples by Love & Confections
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Apple Fritters by The Suburban Soapbox
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Caramelized onion, Bacon, and Cheddar Egg Tart by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Breakfast Quesadillas with Bacon and Cheesy Eggs by Casa de Crews
- Chorizo Egg Breakfast Skillet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Crab Souffle by A Day in the LIfe on the Farm
- Ham, Egg and Cheese Crepes by From Gate to Plate
- Picante Omlette Pie by Feeding Big and more
- Slow Cooker Ham, Cheese, and Veggie Breakfast Casserole by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Curried Fish Tacos by Nik Snacks
- Ham and Mushroom Strata by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Croque Monsieurs by Making Miracles
- Roman Breakfast Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Chicken Salad by The Barbee Housewife
- Yogurt-Marinated Pesto Lamb Lollipops by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free Citrus Pastries by Gluten Free Crumbley
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.