This Roasted Banana Bourbon Milkshake is a yummy milkshake and decadent adult affair! It simply means it’s always 5 o’clock all-the-time!
I hope you had a lovely Father’s Day weekend or a chillaxing weekend. The weather was extremely hot yesterday and by that I mean it’s over 90F. But this came in…
…and the game, of course. Obviously the office was a bit more gloomy this morning compared to any other Mondays.
But this one… this Roasted Banana Bourbon Milkshake, this should wake you up and turn your Monday into a better and faster one. There are lots of reasons why I enjoy this milkshake. Firstly, I like bananas and it’s the one thing that I can not skip daily, unfortunately, in order to boost up my potassium level. Secondly, I am a big fan of Nielsen-Massey fine vanillas & flavors. As someone who bakes weekly, having a good vanilla bean is a requirement and I am glad Nielsen-Massey has options we all can choose from. From extracts, pastes, powder, sugar, they have them all. It’s always exciting to see all their collections. One of my favorites is also the whole beans which I use a lot in ice cream making.
This milkshake might be too strong if you are not into Bourbon, so you can reduce the amount. And if you prefer it to be extra thick and creamy, simply add 3-4 ice cubes before you blend it. I love having my bananas roasted, especially as a morning smoothie and this is how you do it.
- 1-2 bananas
- 2-3 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 11/2 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 tsp Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste
- 3-4 ice cubes if you prefer a thick milkshake, optional
- Whipping cream for garnish, optional
- Chocolate syrup for garnish, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 370⁰F. Slice the bananas lengthways, and place them in a baking tray. Add a pinch of sugar over each banana half, ensuring that they are evenly coated. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the bananas are soft and sticky.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, from vanilla bean ice cream to vanilla bean, in a blender. Blend for about 30 seconds - 1 minute. And enjoy!
All Nielsen-Massey products are certified gluten free, kosher, allergen free and non-GMO, and they have an expanding line of certified organic products. For more recipe inspiration, please connect with Nielsen-Massey on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
Disclosure: This was a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Nielsen-Massey. Thank you for helping support the brands I love. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.