Peaches are a classic summer fruit. What better way to use the fruit than in your favorite recipes, such as lime sorbet with roasted peach blend? The roasted peach’s deep flavor will make your mouth water just reading about it!
Lime Sorbet with Roasted Peach Blend Recipe
This roasted peach recipe can easily be made with fresh peaches. However, roasting the fruits in the oven until they are thick and caramelized will really make their taste shine. The taste itself is of tender and sweet roasted peaches that are turned into a sorbet.
- 2 glasses of water
- 3 to 4 whole peaches; about 3 cups of peaches. (buy here)
- 2/3 cup (10 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons) of sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- Juice of 2 limes (buy here)
- Zest of one lime
- Begin the process by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, place whole peaches in a shallow baking dish and roast them for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Refrigerate until chilled for 1 hour. Once the peaches are cool enough to handle, remove the skin and chop the flesh roughly, removing the seed.
- Next, mix water and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Place pulp and any collected juice, simmer until sugar dissolves. Once it’s dissolved, lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After that, pour the mixture into the food processor or blender. Add the lime zest and juice. Blend them until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and refrigerate until chilled for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Freeze the sorbet mixture using the ice cream maker. Pay attention to the manufacturer’s directions.
- You can serve it immediately or transfer it to a storage container and let it set in the freezer for 1 to 1 ½ hours. Then, serve on a cold plate.
Useful Tips for Making Lime Sorbet
- All the ice cream machine does is stir the mixture as it freezes to break up the ice crystals. If you don’t have the machine, you can get the same result by placing the mixture in the freezer and then shaking it thoroughly every half hour until it becomes too thick to beat.
- When picking the peaches at the grocery store, you want to make sure to avoid peaches with excessively wrinkled skin. That is a sign of dehydration and can result in an unpleasant texture. You can also sniff a little peach in the store to make sure it smells pleasantly like peaches.
- To peel the peaches, place them in a large heatproof bowl and pour boiling water over the fruits. Let them sit for 10 seconds. Transfer the peaches to a bowl of ice water and peel off the skins after they have cooled.
Ingredients and Equipment for Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet
1. Whole Peaches
There is always a choice about getting the peaches: buy them at your local grocery store or online. If you want to get them online, here is a good recommendation. These fruits come from Pearson Farm, which offers 13 pieces of peaches in a gift box.
These peaches are large and have been selected and picked from the orchards at Pearson Farm in Fort Valley, Georgia. With the perfect gift package, this box is a great summer treat for yourself, family, and friends. You can use these peaches for making the lime sorbet with roasted peach blend, for slicing, or for adding to a bowl of oatmeal or cereal in the morning.
With these limes, you can get the freshest lime juice as well as their zests to add a fresh scent and flavor to your lime sorbet recipe. These limes come from Melissa’s and offer 5 pounds of fresh key limes. These organic limes will be shipped on the second day and are available year-around.
This Elite Gourmet oven is the perfect option to complete your kitchen. It is known for its 45-liter capacity, which fits 9 slices of toast on 2 racks for a total of 18 slices. The oven can also roast up to a 20-pound turkey with 4 rack positions that fit up to 2 x 14-inch pizzas with interior dimensions.
The equipment also comes with the French double door design, which allows you to open one or both doors while saving valuable counter space. The four rack positions allow you to cook several dishes at the same time. Other features include the convection feature, a rotisserie spit and fork, independent temperature knobs, and stainless-steel door handle, frame, and panel.
4. Baking Pan
This aluminized baking pan is 1 pound in weight and has a patented silicone coating. It is perfect for roasting and cooking cookies, cakes, and vegetables. The pan features a unique design with a wavy surface that facilitates air circulation for quick release and evenly baked food. The BPA-free material provides easy release of baked goods and easy cleaning, whether washing with hot water, mild soap, or a soft sponge.
This is one powerful blender with exciting offers. With 700 watts of peak mixing power and a stainless-steel Ice Saber blade, this blender provides all the power you need to make protein shakes, smoothies, frozen drinks, and more.
The blender has a patented wave action system that forces the ingredients down into the blades and circulated them around the jar, meaning the blender crushes the toughest foods with ease. The spout lets you pour your contents into your glass without drips or spills, making serving easy and mess-free. The blender is also easy to clean with a dishwasher safe glass jar.
6. Ice Cream Maker
This is a Cuisinart ice cream maker. It comes with a commercial compressor that makes rich, flavorful gelato and ice cream. With a commercial compressor freezer, it is always ready to use. The machine can make 1.5 liters of your favorite ice cream, frozen yogurt, gelato, or sorbet, which is great for this lime sorbet with roasted peach blend recipe.
Its features include a 60-minute countdown timer with touch panel controls and a blue LCD readout for accuracy. It also comes with 2 paddles: one for gelato and one for creamy ice cream, as well as a 10-minute Keep Cool feature that keeps your gelato or ice cream cold after the timer goes off.