Icy cold and full of flavor. This Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet is a seriously refreshing dessert, perfect for a hot summer day.
Summer? Ice Cream? Those two always connect the dots, don’t you think? Just the other day I was listening to a radio talkshow on my way to work and one of the discussion topic was: What is the dirtiest thing in your kitchen. Hmmm… that reminded me to clean my kitchen all over again. Odds are, the dirtiest things will be the sponges and dish cloths. Ha! So that weekend I spent most of my Saturday cleaning up my kitchen, including tossing away those sponges and dish cloths.
I was feeling so great after cleaning up my kitchen and tossing all items that I no longer needed. And I went straight to this Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet to celebrate it. It’s National Peach Month in August and today I’m here to celebrate National Peach Ice Cream Day with my #SundaySupper family. Peaches are in season now and they are juicy, sweet, and delicious. I’ve been adding peaches to almost anything I eat. From fresh peaches to salad and to this sorbet.
I’m adding roasted peaches to give a deeper flavor to this sorbet. So tell me… how do you enjoy your peach and what is the dirtiest thing in your kitchen?
- 2 cups water
- 3-4 whole peaches (makes about 3 cups peaches)
- ⅔ cups sugar + 2 tbs sugar
- Juices of 2 limes
- Zest of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place whole peaches in a shallow baking pan and roast until very soft, about 5 minutes. Refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour. When the peaches are cool enough to handle, remove skin and coarsely chop pulp, discarding pit.
- Stir water and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Place the peaches pulp and accumulated juices; bring to a simmer until the sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender. Add lime zest and juice; and blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and refrigerate until cold, 4 hours or overnight.
- Freeze the sorbet mixture in an ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer's directions. Serve immediately or transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 1 to 1½ hours. Serve in chilled dishes.
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Peach Summer Salad with Arugula and Haloumi Cheese byThe Hungry Goddess
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peach and Blackberry Crisp by And She Cooks
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peaches and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches and Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement