Saucy Thai Meatballs
Fun twist on a classic! These Saucy Thai Meatballs are amazing and loaded with tons of flavor!
Happiness is a simple thing. Like many gals out there, my girlfriends and I talk a lot about many things, from junk foods, bad hair day (literally), celebrity gossips, and even politics. Recently, we talked about happiness. And we agreed that sometimes it doesn’t take much to make you happy. It’s those simple things that give you more happiness, like finding $5 in my jeans pocket because I forgot to take it out.
Happiness is a simple thing. The hubs is not a romantic person and he is far from being romantic, not even on Valentine’s Day or our wedding anniversary. So I was surprised to find a clean house when I came back from Chicago, complete with a bouquet of roses and a welcome card. I was like… eeekkkk, did I get into someone else’s home?
Happiness is a simple thing. Or not. We went to Thailand last December. It was an impromptu vacay, not planned on our holiday list, as the hubs wanted to surprise me on my birthday.
Happiness is a simple thing and I really mean these Saucy Thai Meatballs. They’re so easy to make and thanks to the food processor for playing an important role here. This is just the food that makes you happy. This is the food that you need when you experienced a bad day. This is the kind of food that you need to try at least once in your life. This is the food that gives you guilty pleasure.
- 11/2 lb ground pork
- 1 tbs minced lemongrass (white stalk)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 11/2 tbs fish sauce
- 11/2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbs red curry
- 2 tsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 200 ml coconut milk
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- ½ tbs red curry
- 1 tsp sugar
- For garnish:
- Lime wedges
- In a food processor, combine all meat ingredients, except oil until blend.
- Form the mixture into meatballs about the size of ping pong balls. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the meatballs until they are browned on all sides and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small pot, combine the sauce ingredients and cook over medium low heat for 15 minutes. Keep whisking while the sauce is cooking. Adjust the taste by adding salt.
- To serve, place meatballs on a plate and add sauce over it. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
Check out what others are making this week for Sunday Supper.
- Bacon Wrapped Meatballs with Maple Balsamic Sauce from The Crumby Cupcake
- Cheesy Stuffed Pepperoni Pizza Meatballs from The Weekend Gourmet
- Crab Cake Mini Meatballs with Tartar Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Garlicky Shrimp Meatballs from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Turkey Meatballs from Simple and Savory
- Grilled Korean Meatballs from Palatable Pastime
- Saucy Thai Meatballs from Brunch-n-Bites
- Slow Cooker Turkey Appetizer Jelly Meatballs from Noshing With The Nolands
- Stuffed Meatballs from The Freshman Cook
- Tofu Nuggets from NinjaBaker
- Turkey Meatballs in Orange Sauce from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Turkey Meatballs with Marina Sauce from Our Good Life
- Albondigas from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Meatball Soup with Orzo from Get the Good Stuff
- Russian Meatball Soup from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Main Dish Meatballs:
- All-Purpose Meatballs from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bourbon Baked Bean Meatballs from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Italian Meatball Sandwich from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken Parmesan Meatball Casserole from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Deep Dish Skillet Meatball Pizza from From Gate to Plate
- General Tso’s Chicken Meatballs from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Gluten-free Meatballs with Homemade Arrabiata Sauce from And She Cooks
- Grandma’s Italian Meatball Subs from Family Around The Table
- Ham Balls from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Irish Meatballs from Monica’s Table
- Kefta Mkaouara (Spicy Moroccan Meatballs and Eggs) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Keftedakia (Greek-style Meatballs) from Tramplingrose
- Kofte-Style Lamb Meatballs in a Tomato-Pepper Sauce from Caroline’s Cooking
- Meatball Subs from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Moroccan Lamb Meatballs in Tomato Sauce from MyGourmetConnection
- Orecchiette and Meatball Skillet Dinner from Momma’s Meals
- Persian Lamb Meatballs from Food Lust People Love
- Portuguese Meatballs from Family Foodie
- Roasted Vegetable Meatballs from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Saucy Hoisin Chicken Meatballs from Hardly a Goddess
- Slow Cooker Ranch Meatballs Stroganoff from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Spanish Meatballs from The Chef Next Door
- Sriracha Sesame Turkey Meatballs from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sun Dried Tomato & Feta Chicken Meatballs over Lemon-Spinach Orzo From Simply Healthy Family
- Swedish Meatballs from Feeding Big and More
- Swedish Meatballs with Zucchini Ribbons from Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Sweet & Sour Freezer to Slow-Cooker Meatballs from Wholistic Woman
- Tajine-el-Khoukh (Algerian Stuffed Peaches) from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Thai Meatball Lettuce Wraps from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Thai Spaghetti and Meatballs from Kitchen Gidget
- Thai Red Curry Meatballs with Coconut Curry Sauce from kimchi MOM
- Ultimate Pasta & Meatballs from MealDiva
- Brownie Meatballs with Frosting Spaghetti from Pies and Plots
Plus Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and More Amazing Meatball Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement