Jalapeno poppers, the stuffed peppers that are usually hollowed out and then filled with fillings such as cream cheese, herbs or even meat. It is usually fried or wrapped in bacon, which makes the taste so rich. One of the most popular dishes is smoked jalapeno poppers.
The smoked stuffed jalapenos surely have an outstanding flavor to satiate your spicy tongue. This food is great for parties or for appetizers at any gathering. They are so addictive that this will surely become your new favorite.
Smoked Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 12 Jalapenos poppers (buy here)
- 1/2 block cream cheese (buy here)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated (buy here)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried onions (buy here)
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits (buy here)
- Regular cut bacon (buy here)
- Sweet rub (buy here)
- BBQ sauce (buy here)
- Cut off the top of the jalapeno poppers and remove the seeds using the jalapeno pepper corer
- In a mixing bowl, add cheddar, cream cheese, dried onions, bacon bits and sweet rub. Stir well.
- Put the stuffing into the jalapeno poppers until it’s full. For convenience, use a sandwich bag or similar with the ends cut off.
- Wrap the jalapeno poppers with the bacon, by rolling the bacon slightly diagonally.
- Spread sweet rub on top of jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon. Then place it on the jalapeno grill rack.
- Grill in a charcoal smoker at 275 degrees, for an hour and a half or less.
- Before it’s completely cooked, put the BBQ sauce on top of the smoked jalapeno poppers to taste
Another dish that is delicious, apart from smoked jalapeno poppers is chorizo jalapeno poppers. Here is the recipe if you want to make one. Chorizo is a highly seasoned chopped or ground pork sausage. Let’s take a look at how to make chorizo stuffed jalapenos.
Chorizo Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 3/4 pound of uncooked chorizo
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 jalapeno peppers
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Cook the chorizo and onion over medium heat until the sausage is cooked through (5-7 minutes)
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients except jalapenos with the sausage.
- Cut jalapenos lengthwise in half, remove all the seeds.
- Fill each jalapeño with 1 tablespoon of the ingredient mixture.
- Place them in greased 15x10x1-inch pans.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
The steps above are not too hard to follow, so you can make your own without expending too much energy. Not to mention that it tastes good.
If you are a fan of jalapeno poppers and chorizo and want to have other varieties of jalapeno or chorizo products, here are nine recommended products for you.
1. TGI Fridays Potato Snacks Party Bites Poppers Cheddar Cheese
When you are too lazy to cook chorizo jalapeno poppers, you can buy this snack. It has the flavor of jalapeno poppers with cheddar cheese that will make you satisfied. It is a light, crunchy snack with an authentic flavor perfect for turning your day into Friday.
2. Fresh Gourmet Crispy Lightly Salted Jalapenos
This product is made from fresh jalapeno peppers. It is a great addition to your everyday meal. You can add this as a topping on salads, burgers, hot dogs, tacos, and more. This is perfect to add heat and crunch.
3. Duke’s Chorizo & Lime Smoked Shorty Sausages
This smoked sausage is tasty with the chopped cilantro leaves, lime juice, and then blended with chorizo seasoning. The meat is high quality and very flavorful. In addition, it is very tender with no greasy sauce coming out of it. They are lightweight and great for low-carb. Moreover, you can taste the real smoky flavor in this gluten-free meat snack.
4. Ortega Peppers Diced Jalapenos Hot
This jalapeño is perfect for adding heat to any dish. The delicious and crispy peppers will surely become a great addition to your favorite topping. This sliced jalapeño is high quality, so it won’t make you disappointed. It is great for a party or a light snack.
5. Texas Pepper Works Krisp Jalapenos Candy
This unique product is a favorite for many. The candied jalapeno is sweet, crispy, and not too hot. It is great as a snack or as a topper for sandwiches and salads. This is a great product that will get you addicted and make you want to repurchase it over and over.
6. Trader Joe’s Jalapeno Sauce
This sauce is made with 50% jalapenos. It is hot without being overwhelmingly spicy. Rather, it is smooth and creamy without any dairy. You can say that this sauce is vegan. The jalapeno stood out quite well, as it clearly has that spicy kick and will bring out the heat. You can drizzle it over eggs for breakfast or dip your chips in this sauce. It also has those slightly sweet overtones that go great with tacos.
7. DAVID Roasted and Salted Jumbo Sunflower Seeds Jalapeno
These jalapeño sunflower seeds have a great taste that will be forever loved. It is crunchy, salty, and delicious. This is perfect for when hunger strikes, and you feel like munching something. It fits a low-carb lifestyle, with 3g net carbs per serving. In addition, this product contains twelve bags that makes it perfect for group and solo snacking.
8. Palacios Mini Chorizo
This gourmet product is both made in and imported from Spain. It has a medium-soft texture and is moist but slightly oily. The ingredients are all natural, gluten-free, and lactose-free with no preservatives or artificial colors. With its good taste, this will make its way to one of your top lists of chorizo products.
9. San Marcos Whole Jalapenos
San Marcos jalapenos are all natural. They have won International Flavor of the Year awards for the last three years. It is a healthy addition to any meal, such as sandwiches, salads, hot dogs, and many others. You can also eat the peppers by themselves, as they are spicy and flavorful.
Chorizo jalapeno poppers are totally a great snack to munch on. You can also consider making another variation of it, such as smoked poppers wrapped with bacon. If you are jalapeno or chorizo lovers, you may consider buying the other unique and tasty products mentioned above. No need to say more, they will become your new addiction.