Spicy Shishito Hotdog – a sweet and spicy twist on a classic dish. Your campfire cooking won’t be complete without grilled hotdog and homemade teriyaki sauce.
I sorta miss my blog. I really do. Between working 10-12 hours daily and keeping the blog alive, I think I need to clone myself.
After I started working, I set myself a target: to cook/bake 3 recipes every weekend. But to tell you the truth, I am mentally unprepared for this as on weekends, I’m struggling to keep my eyes open. It’s as if my body knows I need to catch up with my sleep. Although I do miss taking food pictures, sharing food stories, and talking to you about my days. You know… that whole package.
But this… I’m excited to share this with you because it’s one of the hubs favorites and today’s theme is all about hot dog. As it turned out, July is the National Hotdog month and hamburgers just seem to be a natural pairing with hotdogs! We’ve been meaning to have a BBQ and we’ve talked about it since Spring. But reality was the opposite. Did not want to make the hubs upset, I decided to dust off my indoor grill and make this Spicy Shishito Hotdog for him.
I hope you’re more than just a ketchup and mustard only kind of foodie when it comes to hotdog or burger. Because this hotdog gives you a different flavor. It comes with homemade teriyaki sauce, grilled to perfection, and topped with shishito peppers and other toppings such as imitation crab, nori seaweed, and your favorite savory toppings. I dare you to try this at least, and I am sure you won’t be able to stop at just one bite. It has sweet and spicy taste that makes a perfect duet.
- 6 hot dogs
- 1 package hot dog buns
- Teriyaki sauce
- Terimayo sauce
- ½ cup tamari sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- ¼ cup dry sake
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- ¼ cup real mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- ½ tablespoon lime juice, optional
- Shishito peppers
- Imitation crab
- In a small pot, combine all ingredients for teriyaki sauce, except sake and cornstarch. Cook on medium-high heat until warm and add sake and cornstarch. Bring to a boil while whisking constantly until dissolved and desired thickness is reached. Do not leave unattended and set aside when done.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Add hot dogs to the grill and cook, about 4-5 minutes. Grill your shishito peppers, about 3-4 minutes.
- To assemble the hot dogs, add the hot dogs into each hot dog bun. Lightly brush hot dog with teriyaki sauce. Top with your favorite toppings, including shishito peppers, and drizzle with terimayo sauce.
- Serve immediately.
How are you celebrating National Hotdog Month?
All American Burgers & Dogs
- BLT Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bourbon BBQ Bacon Burgers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Copycat Guberburgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pimento Cheese Burger by Magnolia Days
- Southern Seasoned Beef Burger by April Go Lightly
- The Best Ever Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger by The Chef Next Door
- The SmashBurger by Monica’s Table
- Whiskey Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Whiskey Cheddar Burger by From Gate to Plate
- Bourbon Onion Bacon Dogs by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicago Style Hot Dog by The Culinary Compass
- Michigan Hot Dog by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Perfect Corn Dogs by My World Simplified
- Philly Cheesesteak Dog by Palatable Pastime
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Miso Glazed Chicken Burgers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chicken Tikka Burgers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Chicken Sate Burger with Peanut Sauce by Baking Sense
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Worldly Burgers & Dogs
- Blue Cheese & Fig Burgers by Garden Matter
- Caprese Burgers with Balsamic Sauce by The Redhead Baker
- Cheddar Stuffed Taco Burger by My Life Cookbook
- Dominican Chimichurri Burgers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Guacamole Cilantro Lime Cheeseburger by Life Tastes Good
- Meatball Parmesan Burgers by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Smoky Sliders with Chipotle Mayo by Cooking on the Ranch
- Portuguese Hamburger by Family Foodie
- Puka Dogs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Spicy Terimayo Dog by Brunch-n-Bites
- Hot Dog Maki Roll by kimchi MOM
- Salchipapas (Peruvian Hot Dogs with French Fries) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Where’s the Beef Burgers
- Fish Taco Burgers by Pies and Plots
- Brown Rice & Lamb Burgers with Spinach by Wholistic Woman
- Greek Lamb Burgers with Blistered Tomatoes and Tzatziki Spread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Miso Tuna Burgers by Caroline’s Cooking
- The Perfect Lentil Burger by Food Lust People Love
- Baby Back Rib Burger by The Freshman Cook
- California Dreaming Shrimp Burgers by The Weekend Gourmet
Where’s the Bun Burger
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip by Love and Confections
- Cheeseburger Salad by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- California Burger Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Dessert Hamburgers and Fries by Gluten Free Crumbley
- How to Pan-fry Bratwurst by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- How to make Salmon Burgers with Mango Salsa by Asian In America
- The Ultimate #SundaySupper Hamburger and Hotdog Wine Pairing Guide by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.