Super easy and very tasty. This is a great weeknight main dish!
You guys…I have two things to share today. First is savory donuts. You must be familiar with sweet donuts like Nutella, strawberry, tres leches, or any kind of donuts to satisfy your sweet tooth. Ice cream donuts? Don’t know about you but I don’t think I’d ever want to try that or let my kid have an ice cream donut.
Well, just the other day, I spotted an article about savory donuts like foie gras donuts, mac-n-cheese donuts, grilled cheese donuts, or avocado donuts. Now that’s the kind of donut I will gladly finish. Savory donuts are a game changer and I just can’t stop thinking about them.
But today is not about donuts, not even close. It’s about something better because my #SundaySupper family is having pork chops tonight. I must say we rarely have pork chops…like a rare occasion. I think this may also be my first recipe on the blog featuring pork chops. When I eat out at a Vietnamese restaurant, I order one of the same four things most of the time – pho, banh mi, soupless noodle, or pork chops over rice. I am self-taught in Vietnamese cooking and only know basic ingredients to make Vietnamese food. Thankfully, I am quite familiar with Asian cuisines so it’s in my comfort zone and I always pay attention when eating in Vietnamese restaurants to get an idea about taste and presentation. So you can say I have a big love affair with Vietnamese pork chops.
I am using a basic rub recipe and fresh herbs to make these pork chops. The bone also helps add great flavor while making the chop a little more rustic. I grilled them on an electric, table-top grill to create a wonderful char and caramelization. Once I heard that first sizzle, I was counting the minutes until I could devour them. A few minutes on each side, a short rest and then they were on my plate. I was afraid the chops would be charred on the outside and undercooked inside so I cut a couple in half. As it turned out, the thick chops were better. They were nice and juicy.
Do you have a family recipe that you want to share?
- 4 1" thick bone-in pork chops
- 2 tbs finely chopped fresh lemongrass
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tbs ground black pepper
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- Green onion, for garnish
- Combine lemongrass, ginger, brown sugar, rice vinegar, black pepper, soy sauce, and fish sauce in a bowl. Pierce pork chops using a fork and add the marinade. Turn to coat and let marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Preheat the broiler over high heat and broil the pork (discard the marinade) until brown and cook through.
- Serve over rice with Nuoc Cham (Vietnamese chili-garlic sauce) and garnish with green onions.
- Braised Orange Tomato Pork Chops by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Braised Pork Chops with Country Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Breakfast Chops by Palatable Pastime
- Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops by My Sweet Savings
- Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Apricot Ginger Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Cider Braised Pork Chops with Apple and Rutabaga by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Apple Pork Chops by Savory Experiments
- Easy Bourbon-Brown Sugar Roasted Pork Chops by Gourmet Everyday
- Easy Cilantro Lime Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Easy Creamy Seasoned Pork Chops & Rice by Crazed Mom
- Easy One Pan Oven Roasted Pork Chops by Pies and Plots
- Easy Oven Baked & Breaded Pork Chops by Hardly A Goddess
- Fontina Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Fried Pork Chops by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chops with Broccoli Rabe by Simple and Savory
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Balsamic Glaze by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Indian-Spiced Pork Chop Potato Skillet by Sunday Supper Movement
- Japanese-Style Pork Chops Tonkatsu by Asian In America
- Mom’s Cornflake Pork Chops by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom Smothered Pork Chops over Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
And More Pork Chops
- One Pan Pesto Pork Chops by Cricket’s Confections
- Pork & Peppers Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Pork Chops Caprese by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Pork Chops Dijonnaise by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pork Chops with Dirty Rice by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pork Chops, Peperoncini and Potatoes by Tramplingrose
- Prosciutto Wrapped Brie and Onion Stuffed Pork Chops by The Freshman Cook
- Quick Brine Pork Chops with Brown Sugar Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Quick Easy Maple Glazed Pork Chops by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Skillet Tuscan Pork Chops by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops by Big Bear’s Wife
- Slow Cooker Pork Burritos by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Maple-Glazed Pork Chops with Jalapeno Cheese Grits by The Weekend Gourmet
- Vietnamese Grilled Pork Chop by Brunch-n-Bites