The Avocado BLT sandwich is a popular sandwich made of bacon, lettuce, and tomato (BLT). It also involves avocado, which makes it a healthy meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You can enjoy the best meal of the day with just four simple main ingredients, especially if you grill the sandwich bread in butter. If you are curious about this BLT sandwich recipe, you have come to the right place as we are going to share the easiest, step-by-step method. Let’s get right into it!
BLT Avocado Sandwich
- Bread: 2 slices (buy here)
- Bacon: 4 strips (buy here)
- Lettuce: 5 leaves (buy here)
- Tomato: 2 slices (buy here)
- Avocado: 4 slices (buy here)
- Butter: 2 slices
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (buy here)
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Cut the tomato and avocado into thin slices.
- Break the lettuce into separate leaves.
- Fry the bacon to your desired degree of crispiness.
- Place the bread slices in the skillet. You can grill whole slices of bread or cut slices of bread in half to fit your pan, depending on the size of your skillet.
- Place two slices of butter on the top and bottom of each slice of bread. Fry both slices of bread.
- Next, grill the bread to the desired degree of crispiness. Turn the slices of bread frequently to prevent the buttered bread from burning.
- Remove the bread from the skillet and place it on a cutting board.
- Spread mayonnaise over both slices.
- Place the sandwich ingredients, like tomato slices, avocado slices, lettuce leaves, and bacon, on one slice of bread.
- If desired, sprinkle a little salt and black pepper over the sandwich ingredients.
- Place another slice of bread on top and cut the sandwich in half, if desired.
- Remove, serve on a plate, and enjoy.
- More bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado slices can be added depending on your preferences.
- If you want to make this BLT with avocado the regular way, you can skip the butter and the grilling portion of this recipe. Or you can simply toss slices of bread in the toaster to make toasted BLT sandwiches.
- The salt and pepper don’t have to be on the ingredient list, but if you’d like, you can add them to your sandwich.
- If you are not a fan of mayonnaise, you can definitely skip it.
- You can serve this recipe with a fresh fruit or vegetable salad and ice-cold milk.
- A large avocado is suggested for this recipe. An average large avocado is about 8 ounces. Whether you are using smaller or larger avocados, make sure to adjust the amount accordingly.
- Remember that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary significantly based on the product used.
The Ingredients and Equipment for Making an Avocado BLT Sandwich
If you are looking for good quality breads with various flavors, these breads are for you. Each of these keto loaves is low in carbs and contains 60 calories per serving, making it a staple in your kitchen. As a healthy product, this bread is high in protein (6 grams), soy-free, non-GMO, and sugar-free.
The bread also contains oat fiber, vitamins, flaxseed, and omega-3 healthy fats. The bread itself is available in many flavors, such as cinnamon raisin sliced, dark wheat low-carb bread, golden honey bread, and sesame seed bread.
These are pre-cooked bacon strips that come from Hormel, which offers 72 slices of bacon. With a weight of 0.59 pounds, this bacon comes in a resealable package with a black label that offers a bulk order of high-quality, premium cuts equaling 5 pounds of raw bacon.
This product has been slow smoked for a complex sweet and savory flavor and is ready to eat. You don’t have to refrigerate it before opening, which makes it a great treat for the whole family or wholesalers.
As one of the main ingredients, this lettuce is a good option, as it is freshly picked and packed. It comes with a weight of 1.01 pounds per unit and offers a healthy, vegetarian lettuce. It is great for sandwiches and burgers and can be used in wedge salads. This product will be sent unrefrigerated.
Fresh tomatoes help this BLT sandwich have the perfect balance. When you buy this product, you get one pound (16 ounces) of fresh produce tomatoes. The tomatoes come with a full, ripe taste that is perfect for any of your kitchen purposes, such as sandwiches, burgers, soups, salads, and many more.
These are California avocados that offer eight packs of fresh avocados. They are not supermarket avocados and have a buttery flavor, a vibrant green color, and are fresh and of high quality. As a healthy product, these avocados are available in 8 packs, 12 packs, and 20 packs of boxes.
The good thing is that they are shipped green and will finish ripening right in your kitchen. To help you with ideas, each avocado box also includes a helpful guide to enjoying your avocados at their peak of ripe perfection. The box also includes great recipes from the California Avocado Commission. For the record, the product is vegan, paleo, and keto certified.
This is a gluten-free mayonnaise that is made with real, simple ingredients like certified cage-free eggs, oil, and vinegar. It is a natural mayonnaise that comes in squeeze bottles that feature clean locking lids that give you control to get the mayonnaise exactly where you want it.
This product is ideal for spreading on sandwiches and wraps, mixing creamy dips, grilling burgers, preparing fresh salads, and other simple meals. These six packs of mayonnaise will fill your kitchen with health because they are high in omega 3.
7. Large Skillet
This 12.5-inch griddle pan is suitable for stovetops and ovens to cook a variety of foods evenly. Its features include easy to wash, the cast iron that is smoother, and the superior heat retention that will keep your delicious food warm for a long time.
As a non-dishwasher-safe product, this large skillet needs to cool completely before washing. Whether you want to make your avocado BLT sandwich indoors or outdoors, this cast iron pan is a good option to consider.