Pecan pie is one of the family’s favorite dishes at special moments such as Thanksgiving or other family events. This time, we share a special recipe, Brenda Gantt pecan pie, that is very easy to make but also very delicious.
Ingredient of pie paw crust
- 1½ cup of all purpose flour (buy here)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt (buy here)
- 1½ cup vegetable oil (buy here)
- 3½ tablespoons whole milk (buy here)
Ingredient of pie filling
- 1 cup of corn syrup (buy here)
- 1½ cup sugar
- 3-4 eggs, depends on the size
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (buy here)
- 1 cup pecan (buy here)
How to make the pie paw crust
- Put all purpose flour, sugar, and kosher salt into the pie pan. Stir well.
- Add vegetable oil and whole milk, then stir until blended
- Put a little flour on your palm, touch and feel the texture of the dough. If the texture is too sticky or runny, add a little more flour. If the texture is too dry, add milk.
- Knead the dough but do not overdo it, and shape it like a ball
- Press the dough using your fingers and spread it so that it covers entire inner surfaces of the pie plate evenly.
How to make pecan pie filling
- In a mixing bowl, combine corn syrup, vanilla and sugar. Stir until well mixed
- Add eggs, then beat until smooth. Add the pecans, stir well.
- Pour over the crust, then bake in the oven at 350 until slightly jiggly, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
That’s Brenda Gantt pecan pie recipe, enjoy it with your family and friends!
You can find this Brenda Gantt pecan pie recipe and a lot of other Brenda Gantt recipes in her cookbook “It’s Gonna be Good Y’all“. You’ll find not only recipes but also inspirational stories and advice in the Brenda Gantt cookbook!