Who doesn’t like an Italian classic like pistachio pesto pasta? This delicious pistachio pesto recipe can easily become you and your family’s favorite food as it is flavorful, easy to make, and has a gorgeous texture and color. To help you get the perfect result, we are here to provide you with an easy step-by-step method with some useful tips you can apply during the cooking process.
How to Make Pasta with Pistachio Pesto
If you are a fan of pasta, you will absolutely love this pasta with pistachio pesto. The dish has an intriguing mix of fresh basil leaves, garlic, olive oil, and cheesy flavor. The reason why it is so loved by many is the fact that each of its ingredients has a natural fresh flavor, which makes the recipe a delicious treat. Now, let’s take a look at the things you need to make this pasta!
- Kosher certified salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One pound of fettuccine (buy here)
- One cup of roasted peeled pistachios (buy here)
- 3/4 cup of fresh basil (buy here)
- 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil (buy here)
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan (buy here)
- 3 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped (buy here)
- Juice and zest from one lemon (buy here)
- Fill a large pot with water, add salt and bring it to a boil. Then, add the pasta and cook it according to package directions.
- While waiting for the pasta, make the pesto pistachio. To do this, combine pistachios, olive oil, basil, garlic, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice with a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor (you can also use a pestle and mortar).
- Process the ingredients until well combined.
- Reserve one cup of pasta water and drain the pasta. Toss pasta with pistachio sauce, diluting with pasta water to the desired consistency if necessary.
- Serve and top your pasta with more basil leaves and Parmesan.
- For a gluten-free recipe, you can use gluten-free pasta.
- If you want, you can reduce the amount of olive oil and replace it with more pasta water. Just add enough pasta water until the pesto runs out of the spoon.
- You can definitely add more of your favorite herbs for the topping. This is completely optional.
- Roasted cherry tomatoes and wilted spinach go well with this pasta.
Where to Get the Ingredients and Equipment
For this pistachio pesto pasta to be creamy and cheesy, you need the fettuccine ingredient. This product is a good recommendation because it combines fettuccine with cheesy flavors and a creamy sauce.
Another good thing is that it has no artificial flavors, no preservatives, and there is no MSG added. With 4.4 ounces of product, you can enjoy this fettuccine with your favorite pasta or as a side dish on its own.
This product of pistachios comes in a resealable bag with 24 ounces of product. These pistachios are gluten-free, nutritious, rich in protein, and have no shell. They have also been roasted and salted, which makes them perfect for snacking, cooking, and great as a delicious, crunchy salad topper.
As a healthy product, these pistachios are gluten-free, non-GMO, and contain tree nuts, phosphorus, and potassium.
3. Basil Leaves
For the basil leaves, we recommend you use this McCormick product that offers 5 ounces of basil leaves in a plastic bottle. These leaves have a fresh and green aroma with a little hint of sweet licorice. Because the leaves have been gently dried, you will have an amazing flavor, color, and aroma.
With this product, you can prepare your favorite foods like pasta, pizza, seafood, vegetables, marinara sauce, meats, stews, chicken, pork, and much more. For your information, the product is vegetarian, vegan, non-GMO, and kosher certified.
This product comes from Kraft and offers 100% grated Parmesan cheese with a weight of 16 ounces. It is made with premium-quality milk, which makes it a favorite among all.
When it comes to flavor, this product has a sharp, tangy taste and is great to enhance your favorite foods, such as seafood, pizzas, salads, and, of course, pastas.
This garlic comes with 6 packs of products offering natural and original garlic. It is suitable for tasting and flavoring your recipes as a healthy product. The organic garlic comes in a container and has been peeled and selected from a trusted source.
Add this garlic to your recipes and taste the fresh flavor. The product itself is vegan, vegetarian, and certified paleo.
Lemon zest and juice will surely take your recipe to another level. This product of lemon offers 5 packs of lemon packed in a plastic bag. It weighs 5 pounds, freshly picked and packed. There’s no salt added, just fresh lemons, making this product a safe and healthy product to consume.
7. Pestle and Mortar
While you can use any food processor, we recommend this product to smooth your ingredients. This is a good pestle and mortar offering, ultra-durable and featuring a heavy-duty grinding pestle that mashes and crushes all of your ingredients effortlessly.
Other features include being non-porous and scratch resistant. It also comes with an optional foam bottom that helps protect the surface, while helping to prevent sliding and slipping while you’re getting ready. The product itself holds up to 1 ½ cups of ingredients and makes the perfect year-round gift for anyone who loves to cook.
8. Kosher Salt
Since the ingredient specifically mentioned kosher salt, here is a good kosher salt we found for you. This product has no additives and less sodium compared to regular table salt. With its light texture, this kosher salt can be crushed between the fingertips for unmatched seasoning control.
The good thing about kosher salt is that it has been recognized by foodies, home cooks, and professional chefs for bringing uncompromising flavor to your dishes.
9. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
The taste of extra-virgin olive oil can be tasted in this pistachio pesto pasta recipe. This is an organic, gluten-free olive oil that comes with a weight of 25.4 fluid ounces. It has a hint of freshly cut grass, fresh olive leaves, almonds, and a spicy finish.
This product makes it easy to make your signature dishes, such as salads, meat, and pasta. Whether it is for a gourmet breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this olive oil is the one to consider.